Muscle spasms - arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muscle spasms - arms

I've been diagnosed with MS for 4 years. I have issues with weakness, balance (proprioception), hamstring spasticity and sensory stuff.

I have had a month of extreme arm tightness and stiffness. Very painful. I've increased my Baclofen to 10mg 2x a day - still a small dose from 1x a day. It made a big difference in my right arm muscle spasms.

I couldn't use the arm (i.e. lifting pots in the kitchen), bc when I gripped the arm would spasm in my forearm and bicep. I was dropping plates, cups all kinds of things. My forearm, bicep, all around the elbow and even the tricep felt so tight, my husband could feel the tight muscles. It is a lot better after a month of the morning Baclofen doses, but still tight.

My pt evaluated me today for upper arm spasticity. The pt could feel the tightness today too, but said it felt like a muscle spasm from overuse? I don't use that arm more than the other. It is both arms to a small degree, but the right arm much worse. I'm left handed, and I use the cane in my left hand. He did ultra sound and gave me a Cho-pat brace (tennis elbow) brace which actually seems to offer some support.

I'm confused. I assumed I was having spasticity. When he pulled on my arm there was mild resistance inconsistently so he said it was mild if any spasticity. How could I have "tennis elbow" with no repetitive stress???

I'm really just throwing an idea out there... Your right arm joints might be weaker than the left for any of a variety of reasons. I have a bad right knee joint, so when the MS gets bad, any pain is 10x worse there - and so is the damage.

Comment

Working...
    X