some sort of throat spasm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some sort of throat spasm

For the past 3 weeks, I have been having this throat pain on my left side. It feels as though I am developing a sore throat, but I can swallow without pain. I leaning towards more of a throat spasm. It feels really deep inside the throat, but just on the left side. It hurts real bad some times and even makes my ear hurt.

Well, today I had something else strange happen. I started having this throat pain again and then within 15 mins. the left side of my face began to feel really strange. Then I got a cold sensation from my neck all the way up to the top of my head. It only lasted a few seconds.

Has anyone else experienced this type of throat issue? Could this be just a flare occurring?

throat spasms

My dh has throat spasms, but they do not cause pain. He started choking on water every once and a while. His neuro conducted a swallow test and determined it isn't due to paralysis, and now we know what it is. He's already on Baclofan, so he isn't treating it. Good luck!
    Chomsky Chick
    This floating world is but a phantasm.
    It is a momentary smoke.— Zen monk

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I am really surprised that my posts has been viewed by several, yet you are the only one who seems to have this problem or similar problem.

Comment

Lil~
        I've been having this problem all day. I know it's not a "sore throat" that comes with a cold, but it's a deep ache and pain. I have a feeling it is muscle spasms because my neck is hurting too. I just took some ibuprofen and hope it settles down.

Comment

Kristin, that is exactly what I am thinking...a spasm in the throat. I took 600mg of ibuprofen and it did seem to help some. Let me know if it helps you.

Comment

Working...
          X