Has anyone experienced this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone experienced this

I've had two attacks in past two years and both times it seems like my insides went numb. I can achieve orgasm, but I cannot feel it. Does that make sense? I'm wondering what this is called and if anyone has experienced it too.

Thanks!

Not exactly, but I did have some pretty severe numbness in my private area with my first exaserbation. I could not feel anything. Maybe the feeling is compromised somewhat now too, sort of hard to tell.

Comment

Hello,
      I have this same problem after my last flare. It affected my privates and tailbone area. I didn't lose feeling as far as touching and getting "there" I just don't feel any pleasure at that time even though I can actually feel it happening. Very frustrating, but I'm hoping it comes back soon.

Comment

This is weird and I never put this together bfore reading this post. But for the longest time, I was complaining to my family about "my butt falling asleep". It was before I was diagnoised definitively and I never though to mention it to my doctor. I wonder if this feeling is similar to the one you are describing.

Comment

I often have numbness in those "special areas" my PA thought it possible it was being caused by a lesion in the lumbar/sacrum area. Doctors usually know only what they've read...learned in lecture or discussion with other Drs. or the experiences their patients have had. I how found that when the Dr. hasn't run across something before and they don't understand it then it is often "in the patient's head." Just an observation from my experience with various members of the medical community.
          Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

I do not if this will help anyone but I was told that the core muscles have a lot to do with sex. Try doing some exercises like keg els. And during remember a time when it just felt great and try to find that again. I also suffer from loss of interest but never will give up on the thought that it might come back. I am 51 and have had MS for 10 years. Good luck to all you ladies.

Comment

I have the numb bottom thing sometimes,too. I also have had privates go numb at times. I really think MS can do just about anything anywhere. That's been my experience!

Comment

I seem to be numb in my pelvis, period. (no pun intended) I can't feel anything, including urinary tract infections, or burning upon urination.
                Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Working...
                X