What's that you say???Hearing loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's that you say???Hearing loss?

The years of tinnitus have gone on now..for quite awhile...and rather mindlessly. I only really used to notice them at the quiet of bedtime or when in the bathroom...but alas..it has increased to the volume of something that would even make a hound howl. It is absolutely blowing me out of my head..I am seeing an ENT from a referral from the MS Spec. She says it could be my MS and is putting me on IVIG (also having some leg weakness and feeling of cold water drops on my nose). Anyone else have horrible tinnitus? And has your MS doc. said it "could be" related to your MS?
    "And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"....the beatles..

I have hearing loss and tinnitis, the noise is mild to moderate, it varies.

Cause?

Gomer http://www.msworld.org/forum/images/smilies/star.gifDr. of, Been There, Done That

Comment

I have it periodically. And according to my neuro, it's MS.

I won't take steroids... and I use IVIG as my standard treatment... so I'm just riding it out. And forcing my family to put away pots and pans when I'm not in the room, since I have noise sensitivity when it happens...

Comment

I also have tinnitus in my left ear. I've had it for several years. Usually I can ignore it, but sometimes it gets really loud for several days and almost drives me nuts!

I've recently started noticing the same ringing in my right ear. I'm praying it's not going to spread!!

I don't know what causes mine. It just started out of nowhere. For awhile, gabapentin helped, but I it stopped working after awhile.
        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I have had tinnitus in both ears for almost 30 years now and have not been dx with MS as of yet. Should hear something this week. I have never passed a hearing test in my life due to Nerve Deafness in both ears. For me I don't think it has anything to do with MS but more congenital. Interested in your outcome regarding the impact of MS.
          DX RRMS 4/22/11

Comment

I am having a flare and my dad says i've been yelling for two weeks or more I did'nt even know I was doing it .

I was'nt sure if ms could affect your hearing but it makes sense that it could .

It's strange to me I did'nt even know . My dd told me today she says I don't act like myself at all .

I am learning alot from others , my dd is the one that noticed I was in a flare up .

I could'nt think why I was so tired and hurting so bad .

MS is still a mystery at times to me , I mean the variety of problems that arise an I don't even notice half of them .

Is that common for most ?

Tammy
            A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails .
            (unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by heliotrope View Post
              I have it periodically. And according to my neuro, it's MS.

I won't take steroids... and I use IVIG as my standard treatment... so I'm just riding it out. And forcing my family to put away pots and pans when I'm not in the room, since I have noise sensitivity when it happens...
              Clinking dishes make the worst noise EVER.

Also, I don't know if there's a name for this but, aside from having some hearing loss at times, I have horrible depth perception with my ears. My phone can ring right in front of me and I'll run out into the kitchen looking for it.

Ears...bah!
              [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

Yes, mine dosent seem to think its of any big deal. neither does my reg doc. actually my health care team dosent think tenintiss is any problem? go figure?
                I will bring it up again and againe; the next time, I will try to remember to ask?"than I'm I suposta not be bothered by it? and How do I actually accomplish that?"

Perhaps since there is no cure, none are willing to discuss that it exists?

I makes me feel bad and it wares me down, always a anoying f-ing noise that never ever goes away.
                I think it wuld be nice to be deaf on occasion if if would mean that the s-ity noise would stop.

Comment

I've had both ears affected for over a year now which has caused major hearing degradation. I believe mine is caused by one of my pain meds (the ear problems started shortly after starting a particular med). However, it could be caused by MS or something else...the docs don't know.

Most of the time I can handle the tinnitus as background noise, but there are times where it becomes intrusive and occasionally painful. None of the docs seem particularly concerned about it.

Comment

OMG the Noise

I have also had both ears affected for quite some time. It gets worse if that is possible when I am having an episode of vertigo???

I have seen ENT's and had hearing tests, and my Neurologist says she does not see anything on the MRI's to show a cause??? They all say nothing can be done???? One ENT did say that it is not the ear that the noise is coming from, but that it is actually inside the head - nerves to the ears????

The noise gets so loud sometimes that there is actually a stabbing pain associated with it. I can hardly stand it sometimes I want to rip my head off and I hate it!!!!! Sometimes it makes me feel like I have rabies or something

I have to use a sound machine and a fan at night to be able to sleep. I have to travel with one or both as well because I cannot sleep in silence. I have tried the over the counter tinnitus medications to no avail, in fact it seem to make it worse if that was possible

I wish you the best and hope that you can find some relief somehow!!!

Comment

I have had beeping & white noise sound in my ears for years. Occasionally, the beeping will be in time to my voice when I am talking. Hearing test turned out just fine. Thought it was due to taking pain meds for my knee replacement but when I told my neuro PNP at the first appt, she said hmmmmmmmmmmm. Whatever that means!
                      "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

Working...
                      X