Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digressive / progressive pc glasses anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wkikta View Post
    The biggest problem I have with Progressives is the Close/Reader part is very small. It is fine for reading the label on something, but for constant close work I wear lined bifocals.
    Yes this is def' what I describe daily to anyone around me LOL!

Comment

Hi Sashi thanks Yeah my fear is this just wont work for me, tho' I must say the wider view progressives do have more periphial I was pleased for this but the fish bowl thing is very annoying.

Redwings thank you so much for your advice
      I know its time to go back, I just loathe it, I know its thier policy so I shouldnt care but I feel embarrassed since I had to return the lined ones (they made the arm on frame loose too when they adjusted them so it wasnt all me).

I will take a breath and go in sometime soon. I really appreciate your informative reply

I did get an excellent price on these and hate to lose that, only by mentioning times are tough and do they have any other discounts? I was stunned when suddenly they did, I didnt know buying glasses was like buying a car!

My husband didnt ask for discounts and didnt get any, I later asked them to adjust it and they did.

If I dont replace these, I will try somewhere else and higher end lense next time or I will never know.

It is the distance part not being crisp in vision field that is a puzzle to me since rx did not change, Im thinking theyre cheap lenses because I had same issue w/ lined ones first from them.

Next time I may get reading glasses for reading, that tiny viewing area isnt really suited to full time reading pleasure.

Thanks again will update in future

Comment

I don't know if you've made any decisions yet, and I was/am in a similar situation as you re: progressives. Two years ago I switched to regular lenses with a little bit of prism. They were great, I loved them. Then last winter 2010 I switched to progressives with a fair amount of prism. I hated them. Even just on the drive home I thought I was going to have to pull over and throw up.

Fast-forward a few months, and I'm getting along with the progressives. I could have taken them back and had line bifocals put in for no charge, but like you I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

This December, I had another eye exam and now need so much prism they don't even make lenses for it (or at least not that wouldn't eat through my face - the prism I need in each eye is about 1" thick). To compensate while being evaluated for eye surgery, my optometrist put a line bifocal without any prism in my right lens, and my left lens is the old progressive with prism. AND I also have a Fresnel (stick-on prism) on the left lens. Believe it or not, this set-up is actually comfortable. It took hours, probably at least 15, in the chair to get my set-up arranged but it was worth it.

Bottom line... there is no such thing as a "good enough" pair of glasses. You shouldn't have to deal with eyestrain, headaches, blurry vision, etc, when they are related to refractory issues. Work with your optometrist to find a solution.

Comment

I too was very concerned about getting progressives with MS challenges.

Found the key is to get good lenses (cost more) - they make a huge difference and I was good to go right away.
          Love them.

Everyone of course if different; but lenses were the key for me.

Comment

Working...
          X