What is Neuropathy Pain in the feet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Neuropathy Pain in the feet?

Can someone describe this to me? The worst of my MS symptoms are drop foot in the right foot/leg and now bilateral feet issues. It's not really pain though. I am just totally aware of the sensation. I don't know how to describe it....it's almost like someone is holding my feet very tight or maybe pinching them but again, not really pain. Also, they are always cold.......would this be neuropathy or not?

If so, will neurontin / gagapentin (generic) help?
    Patti
    Diagnosed 2/11/99
    Avonex 3/2/99
    Tried Tecfidera for 3 weeks. Couldn't handle side affects. Back on Avonex, for now.

I have several feet issues. The worst was during a bad attack. It felt like someone took a rubber band and laced it around my toes. There was a stretching thing and my toes were a bit contorted. The middle of my foot felt like it was bending the wrong way. It was very painful to walk and I had to take very slow careful steps. I was offered baclofen but I waited it out to see if it might remit. Thankfully within a few months it did so I never had to take it. I do not take gabapentin anymore (didn't at the time either). I do, however, take Vicodin a lot for pain (very low dose, but necessary).

A few times a week I get these charlie horse cramps in my feet which feel like they aren't going to end. My hands have to physically move them to get the pulling to stop. If I then wiggle my toes in the next few hours, the cramping will start again. Tizanadine can calm that down somewhat.

Almost everyday, the bottom of my feet feel a little tingly. Often, I can't feel a pin prick on the tops of my feet. My feet stay really cold too, but I usually have the house at pretty cold temps as heat seems to make my pain a lot worse.

Comment

To me neuropathy of the feet means that the bottoms of my feet, mainly the left weak one, has jumbled nerve feelings. This throws my balance off, as I have a hard time feeling the floor/ground.

When hubby gives me a foot rub, it both hurts and feels good. I am actually oohhing and yelling at the same time! Yet it does help me walk better for awhile.

The weak one is usually on the cold side too. I have had tingling and numbness in both feet since first sx in 94, but the right one doesn't really bother me. However, at the same time, the bottoms of my feet are really sensitive.

Comment

neuropathy

Thanks so much for the comments. I wish I could know if what I feel in my feet is defined as neuropathy.
        Patti
        Diagnosed 2/11/99
        Avonex 3/2/99
        Tried Tecfidera for 3 weeks. Couldn't handle side affects. Back on Avonex, for now.

Comment

I have neuropathy pain - a very intense burning sensation, occcasionally throbbing. I have it 24/7. I've gotten used to it, but it still occasionally wakes me up at night.

My legs from the knees down feel like I'm wearing compression stockings all the time.

I take nothing for the pain except for an occasional exedrin pm. I've tried a whole bunch of drugs but nothing works. I'd list there here but I really don't know which drugs were prescribed for what. The Lyrica, Cymbalta, Nortriptylene... I really forget what drugs I've tried for the pain.

Tom
          "Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
          - Voltaire

Comment

Working...
          X