Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constipation & Gas

Hi Everyone,
    I haven't been on in a long time and decided to come back because I need some advise. I have constipation with my MS and have found ways to help it, but my problem is, i'm always gassy and it is sooooo embarassing. Is there anyone with the same problem? And if so, what can I do to make it go away? I have changed my diet, but no matter what I eat and how little I eat, I just get gassy. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Sha47

Yes this is a problem for some of usWhat has helped me is about a 1/4 cup of plain low fat yogurt with every meal.

Not only does this help my gas and constipation,but also helps my bones with the calcium..Yogurt has good probiotics that helps our digestion..I use STONEYFIELD FARMS yogurt..

Also another thing i do is shake dried parsley on everything..I like it and also good for gas..BEST WISHES~~Let us know if you find things that help..

I would agree..NUTRITION TARA~~is a very SPECIALperson we have here to help us!!!

Comment

Gas / Flatulence...

Wow, and I thought I was the only one. Could it be the inability to hold it in, is the cause for this? The only way for me to hold it in is it I am in a sitting position. It is embarrassing......another reason to be a homebody. argh.
      Patti
      Diagnosed 2/11/99
      Avonex 3/2/99
      Tried Tecfidera for 3 weeks. Couldn't handle side affects. Back on Avonex, for now.

Comment

gas

Wow, so glad I'm not alone with this one. Doesn't matter what I eat I have gas. And like others, I have changed my diet and eliminated certain foods to see if it would help, but NO.

Comment

When I was dxd, I had lots of problems with digestion and constipation and was referred to a gastroenterologist. He recommend a daily dose of Align, a probiotic. I take it almost everyday, even still, and it really has helped my entire digestive tract. (Plus, you can get it at Costco!)

Comment

Thank u, Thank u, Thank u all. I am going to try all of these ideas to see what works. And if I find something else myself, I will share it with u. I just read about probiotics and think that might be the way to go!
            Sha47

Comment

Working...
            X