Venlafaxaine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venlafaxaine?

Looking for some input from anyone who has been prescribed this medication?

I started last week but after three doses had to tell the doctor that I was expereincing ALL of the side effects, and feeling MIGHTLY poorly

I'm nervous to continue, though he's asked me would I mind trying to take the medication at night.

I have a vacation coming up in 4 weeks and would prefer NOT to be sick while there, so any input is gratefully appreciated

Thank you everyone!
    Aerin
    Keep Swimming!

When venlaflaxine became "generic" to my Effexor XR rx, I began using it. I didn't notice much of a change from the Effexor XR to the venlaflaxine 75 mg.

I had been on Effexor XR (now venlaflaxine) for some time. I have found it helps to keep my depression and anxiety in check.

It's common as a MS sympton, so it may be physical, too, and not just emotional. I find I do better on something than not. Perhaps give it a bit more time?

Best wishes!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's learning to dance in the rain!

Comment

Thank you

For the response. i am happy to hear of soemone who has had a 'good' (as in not bad - lol) expereince with the drug. I only have fatalist friends who are sure I'll be on the road to suicide and addition ( )

I am sick iwth a cold right now, and will ask the doctor today about deferring the treatment until I'm better.

I'm glad to have your input - greatly appreciated - thank you again
      Keep Swimming!

Comment

It helps me

Originally posted by Roller Derby Queen View Post

Looking for some input from anyone who has been prescribed this medication?

I started last week but after three doses had to tell the doctor that I was expereincing ALL of the side effects, and feeling MIGHTLY poorly

I'm nervous to continue, though he's asked me would I mind trying to take the medication at night.

I have a vacation coming up in 4 weeks and would prefer NOT to be sick while there, so any input is gratefully appreciated

Thank you everyone!
        Aerin
        I started with 75mg but was having some vivid dreams; I told my MD and was switched to 37.5mg. It works like a charm --a very gentle difference but a real difference. Some minor side effects every few weeks, but I do recommend this medication. I've tried both the XL capsules and the regular tablets.

Comment

There are many options.

I also started on effexor XR and switched when it became available in the generic. It's been several years that I have been on it now, and I have tried to go off twice. I feel like I live in a world void of color when I am not on it. It just makes life a little easier. I was trying to remember when I first went on it. I think I worked up gradually in the dosage. The doctor had me take 1/2 a pill or something for awhile. You may want to ask about that.

There are tons of anti-anxiety and anti-depressants available for your doctor to choose from. If one is making you feel gross...consider asking for a different kind. They are all a little different in their affects. Don't give up though. Life in color is soooo much more enjoyable.

Comment

I also started on Effexor XR and switched to the generic Venlafaxaine, when it became available. I too, couldn't tell any difference when I switched to the generic.

When I first started Effexor XR, my Dr. told me it causes nausea initially, and that the side affects are more pronounced if you don't start gradually and increase the dosage. She started me on 37.5, for one week, then bumped it up to 75mg for two weeks, then finally to 150mg. I remember being nauseated for a few days when the dosage was increased, but it wasn't real bad for me.

I have always taken mine in the evening. It makes me a little sleepy, so I prefer it then. Plus, it helps me get to sleep and sleep better.

I have been taking it for almost 3 years, and I am sooo much better than I was before. It was prescribed to me for anxiety, and although I still have to take an occasional xanax for anxiety attacks, they are much fewer and far between than prior to the Effexor.

Hope this helps!
            , T2B

"I have a lot of pain in my microwave".

Comment

Working...
            X