lack of memory....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lack of memory....

Today my bf ask me Why I haven't been keeping my headache log... It's supposed to be very important and I KNOW this.

He said "Angel something that IMPORTANT you should remember, the doctors need this" and he's right but at the same time..... I do forget and the headache alone should remind me to log it but It does NOT.

I feel awful, he says I've always been forgetful and not to blame it on MS but I feel like it's gotten much much worse now. I do NOT want to blame everything on MS but I can really truly say with all my heart I do forget as important as it is.

I've now put the log next to my medicine for my headaches and I'm Praying that I can remember it.

Just having a bad day and feeling like crying, running away and just finding a rock to go under.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.
    Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
    Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

Hang in there! After watching me lose pills for weeks, a family member finally handed me a storage bin. I keep everything in there - prescriptions, a pill counter, etc. It's harder to forget stuff because I see everything every time I grab my meds. It might be worth a try

Comment

heliotrope, Thank you again for your reply.

I do keep a pill case on the table (it gives me a months worth of pills, early morning, breakfast, afternoon, lunch, dinner and bedtime) It helps a BUNCH...

I also have my cell phone alarm on for my Copaxone shot daily.

I have now set my headache sheet next to my medicine for headaches..... I'm praying that it will help me remember. Although during a headache NO one I know wants to write it down but I'll sure give it a try.

Thanks again; you seem to always come through for me. BIG HUGS!

Comment

How is life under a rock, angel?

I keep what I call my memory, a notebook that I write everything down in, and I look at it hundreds of times every day. It doesn't mean I never forget anything, darn it, but it helps me remember things. I check things off when I do them, so I can look back later and see I did take care of something, or I still have to do it.

Saying MS affects your memory is not an excuse. It really does. Do a search here on memory problems, and find out how many times it is brought up.
        As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Comment

I have memory and cognitive problems.
          I have OBS ( Organic Brain Syndrome) from MS.
          I tell people my brain is like swiss cheese and I just never know when I will hit a hole.

It can come and go.

Keeping things simple helps me.

Mamie

Comment

Thank you all so much.

I really can say I TRY my best. It's not just memory with me either it's coming up with the "words" needed to make the sentence complete.

I've not gone under the rock but I sure feel like it. Having my Grandson around here and there makes things seem so much better.

My boyfriend does love me I think he deals with so much at school (he's a teacher) that he just gets tried by the time he's home.

Comment

I think coping is a day to day thing. Give it a day and it may be easier...

Comment

Working...
              X