Daily Meds Tracking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Meds Tracking...

I've been searching online for a good FREE daily multiple meds form to keep track of when and what meds I take.

Anyone come across a easy to read one?

I need to be able to list all the meds I take on the one page
    and when I took them...and why I take them (I think it would be a good idea to include this info in case something happens to me)

Some I take daily, others are PRN (whenever necessary)

Some I take more than once a day.

I would appreciate any help.

I don't know how to create my own spreadsheet for something like this.
    ~life has ups and downs...I try to go in circles~
    dx'd rrms in '97

I don't have a great response for you, but I would suggest also filling a pill counter on a regular basis, preferably in front of a family member. I do mine once a week... Thus, if they need to give me my medication for some reason, they can just grab the counter.

Comment

Tracking meds

There is a site my dr office gave me:

www.msactivesource.com

It has a daily log, symptom tracker, and calendar. All of them can be used to track meds. I mainly use the log,also where the symptom tracker is. You can print up a report from the log.

Hope this helps.
      Selina
      Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.~Menander

Comment

thanks sdherring..I'll give it a try

heliotrope...I have the pill box thingie, but the prn meds
        mess me up...that's one of the reasons why I want to
        get in the habit of writing down info...thanks for the idea
        though
        dx'd rrms in '97

Comment

sdherring:

I went to the site you offered and joined it.
          I looked at the 'tools' sections provided and
          it appears to not really be what I am looking for
          as far as being able to create a printable meds
          log sheet ...so I keep looking

The symptoms section of the log tool maybe be
          useful, I'll give it a try for awhile and see how that
          works out.

I want to have a printable meds log that I can put
          in a notebook to keep track of all the meds my drs
          have me 'try out' etc...

Anyone else got any ideas?
          dx'd rrms in '97

Comment

Hi Anomalie:
            Which software programs are you comfortable making a spreadsheet with? If you're not comfortable with Excel, a Word table will also work. You can even draw a table out by hand and make photocopies. A hand-drawn table might even be the best way to start to get an idea of works and doesn't work before you turn it into a table or spreadsheet.

I take care of an elderly gentleman with dementia who's on several medications. When I was first getting familiar with his meds and his schedule, i roughed out a table that I think might be something like you're thinking of.

Just to start, you could make a column for the name of each med and another column next to it for the reason you're taking it. Then you could make a column for what time you take it, labeled with the time. When you take it, you could put an X or checkmark in the box to show you took it. For meds that you don't take as often, you could just black out the box for that time to show it isn't applicable.

At the bottom of the page you could make another table for meds you take prn. Make columns for the name of the med, the reason you take it and the time you took it. The name and reason are preprinted, the time is an empty box or boxes you fill in when you take them.

Depending on how much room this all takes, you could put one, two or more days' worth on one page, with a space for the date before each day's tables. After working with a rough draft for a few days, you'll have a better feel for what you want to convert to a digital spreadsheet or table.

Does that sound something like what you're looking for?

Comment

ideas

I wrote my sheet out by hand and I also put it in a sheet cover so that I can use just one chart each week and use a dry erase marker to make my "I took it" marks. I need to update mine now since I have changed several meds.
              Time is but a name we give to the passing moments of life, it is these moments that hold all the meaning.

Comment

Redwings...

Thanks
                I have excel but am not adept using it.
                Your details of what to put on a chart are very helpful.
                I have a scanner on my printer so I am going to try
                making pages by hand, then print up a few to see how it goes. (hadn't thought of that *giggles*)

Rocky: Thanks for your idea as well. I want to be able to
                have a permanent document so that if anything happens
                to me, ER or whomever will know what I am taking...what
                I've taken...when and for how long...and why.
                dx'd rrms in '97

Comment

Working...
                X