Blood Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Work

Results from my blood work are in and doc wants to see me to have a talk about it. Was just wanderering what factors I should be ready to ask about if they are not brought up by him. Vit B and D levels are the only 2 I have heard about. Any others?
    COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH- BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY ~JOHN WAYNE~

How about effect of the meds you are taking? Some of the prescribed meds needs monitoring. i.e. Azathiopine anyone?

I don't think you should be too concerned, otherwise you would have been called in immediately, right?
    Tom's medication :- Off Amitriptyline, on Chlorpheniramine Maleate (Antihistamine), Neurontin
    Off Rebif Interferon Beta-1a 44mcg now, waiting for NMO blood test results

Comment

concerned

No I am not really worried about the blood. Just want to be ready for the apt. This being all so new for me I want to make sure I am prepared to ask the right questions. Things you all have learned like, oh I wish I had known that back when and I could have said something, kind of thing.
      COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH- BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY ~JOHN WAYNE~

Comment

Greg,

If your doctor wants to see you about your bloodwork my guess is "something" showed up and needs to be discussed.

You do not have a diagnosis of anything at this point. Be open and understand your symptoms could be related to any number of things and the bloodwork might be the start to your answers.

MS will not show up in any bloodwork. There is no blood test for MS. There can be many other problems detected by bloodwork, some simple some not.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

results

some blood test results are done within a day, some take longer...and some are "send outs"...

a dr would want to discuss just about any "off" results...really cant make any suggestions without knowing which tests were ordered... the vitamins and stuff you mentioned, if they are off, they can cause many sx's. possibly ms/lupus/fibro-like symptoms...

there is no simple blood test for ms, however, things like ck or crp can indicate muscle damage or inflammation found in many auto immune disorders, like ms, as well as other diseases/illnesses- ana tests can indicate ai's also

however, you can (and have every right too) go to the hospital that handled the blood testing and get the results yourself...they are very often printed with the normal values as well as what your blood values were...making it easy to read and know if you results are high or low.

it is an easy step to research what those results mean from there, if you dont want to wait to see the dr. i would recommend anyone get they're test results anyway, to keep for they're records. when trying to get a dx of any kind you often see multiple new dr's..

i find almost all dr's really appreciate having them right away, tho a couple could've cared less...ewww!

hopefully you get some answers!
          your horse must be fast cuz' you were haulin' ***** when I passed you!!!!

Comment

My doctor told me that he will monitor my WBC counts and liver functions once I am on the interferon to make sure those stay stable. Perhaps something in yours has gone off course and you will need to switch meds. It could also be that you are anemic like me. That is always a fun one.
            Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
            ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

My WBC has been off for the last (2) blood counts.
              My Neuro is saying it has to be from the Avonex.
              The concern becomes when you have MS and then your
              WBC is low then you really have nothing to fight off any
              cold, flu, infection. There could be so many things that
              bloodwork can tell a Doctor. Good Luck.

Kathy
              What YOU Are Is ... GOD'S Gift to You
              What YOU Make Of Yourself Is ... Your Gift To GOD

Comment

Working...
              X