Avonex - Headache before injection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avonex - Headache before injection?

I've been on Avonex for about a month. I've been able to control the side effects pretty well, so far. I take my shot on Thu nights, and usually have flu-like symptoms throughout the night, and a headache until mid-day on Friday.

For the past 2 weeks I've noticed I have a headache on Thursday morning, BEFORE the shot. Is this just a coincidence, or has anyone else had a similar experience?

Could you be psyching yourself out? Since you are thinking about a coming headache, could you be basically giving yourself one before the other one happens?

Comment

I've been self-injecting Avonex since 1997, and I can really relate to your post! Headaches are a frequent side-effect of mine (and still to this day) but I don't always get them before the shot.

Although, I have heard that some MSers have side-effects BEFORE because the Avonex shots are only ONCE A WEEK and the body is coping to maintain the slow withdrawal from the shot last week?

Best wishes to you on your Avonex journey!
      Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's learning to dance in the rain!

Comment

Working...
      X