Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any feedback on Gabapentin! Scared!!!

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can give me any feedback on Gabapentin! I have been having L'Hermittes on and of each day for a month.

Usually I am a person that takes the meds and doesn't look at the side effects, but I run around with my kids all day.

I have heard it causes dizziness? Any tips on taking it my neuro told me to take 300mg x2 a day.

Thank you
    Truth is as hard as adamant and tender as a blossom.Gandhi (1869 1948)
    Knowledge is the only good & ignorance the only evil-Socrates
    He whom love touches not walks in darkness-Plato

I did have some dizziness when I started to take gabapentin, but it only lasted a short time.

It helps to take one dose only for the first 3-5 days at bedtime, then add the second dose in. That gives you time to adjust and work up to the full rx'd dose.

I've been taking it for a few years now, upping the dose now and then. Over all, I've been very happy with the results. Hope it works well for you!

Comment

If you utilize the Search button (to the left under your username) it will pull up TONS of threads on Gabapentin. There have been quite a few of them lately.
      Rae Roy

Comment

I've been on it a couple of years now. I have not experienced side effects. I take 300mg twice during the day and 600mg before bed.
        Linda

Comment

Thank you so much for the replies, so far the gabapentin has been tolerated well by me!

I am seeing a decrease of my L'hermittes I am wondering if that is because of the gabapentin. Even if it is I am grateful!

Thank you again
          Truth is as hard as adamant and tender as a blossom.Gandhi (1869 1948)
          Knowledge is the only good & ignorance the only evil-Socrates
          He whom love touches not walks in darkness-Plato

Comment

neurontin / gagapentin..

I took my first 100 mg pill yesterday and today another. My neuro said to start with 1 at night but the script is prescribed as 3x a day. I did go to bed a little earlier last night but I did not see or feel any side effects, yet.I will start with 1 at night for a week then try to work in one durng the day as its prescribed to help my feet feel better. I hope I see some improvement.
            Patti
            Diagnosed 2/11/99
            Avonex 3/2/99
            Tried Tecfidera for 3 weeks. Couldn't handle side affects. Back on Avonex, for now.

Comment

Working...
            X