Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Number of lesions, O bands - significant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of lesions, O bands - significant?

Hi Everybody! Another question for y'all.

Does the higher your number of plaques on your MRIs and a higher number of O bands from an LP mean anything? My neuro and I counted 26 plaques on my brain MRIs, 2 on my spinal cord and I had 11 O bands. I never really got an explanation if these numbers are significant or not. Just curious what other people may have been told.

Thanks!

KempoGrl,

The number of lesions isn't as important as where they are located and how that affects you. Some people have a lot of lesions and continue to do well, while some have progressing illness with only a few.

The o-bands show you have a demylenating process occurring. Your CSF must show a minimum number of o-bands (2) for MS. I haven't read or heard anything about what it means to have more, I'm assuming it just means the demylenating process is active.

There's no crystal ball with this illness. Only time will tell how it affects you. The DMD's have helped curb the disease process for many.

Wishing you well,
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
    X