Leg pain and fibro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg pain and fibro

Hi, not been on for awhile. I was pretty upset when my mri came back clear and no signs of ms. which in all cases would be a great thing. But I am still dealing with sx. I am going back to my dr. this weak again for extream leg pain AGAIN. I am so stiff in my joints and I just can't tolorate it any more. it takes me forever to have to do anything. I can hardly walk these days.

I just can't take it any more. I know winter makes leg pain worse but this is beyond normal. It takes me 2 hours to wash a few dishes after dinner. I have to sit take a break and go back.

All other house hold duties have been put on hold. I am also looking after my mother who is in a cast. So extra running around for her as well. I used to go to bed late but I am exhausted by 9pm.

I am wondering if there's any thing I should be aware of in the way of pain med I am taking one ty 3 just to get me though making dinner and cleaning up. I am running out and so making an app to get a refill or to see about a new medication for pain. Has any one have any help with fybro pain meds?
    Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

Hi, Zuzu. I'm sorry you're having to deal with the evils of leg pain. I can relate to you and I can say that I freak out if I don't have ibuprofen near me at all times. It's an anti-inflammatory as opposed to just a pain reliever so it targets different things that may be what you need.

I'm not suggesting this but sometimes I take both. The amounts of medicine I take are: 800mg of ibuprofen every 4-6 hours. In a normal day, I'll usually only take 2 doses of this amount, sometimes 3 (NEVER exceed 4 doses/3200mg).
    When I take acetaminophen, I'll take 1000mg a dose and usually never have to take more than 1 for the day needed (this is usually something I'll take if I have a massive headache/migraine). NEVER exceed 4000mg/4 doses in one day.

I'll take baths which can be good and bad. The heat will feel nice on the places that hurt, at first...but sometimes the pain will then get worse and/or I'll end up getting really shaky. Sometimes I get to that desperation, though, where I have to take a chance and jump in.

I'm not a fan of sleep aids but I keep muscle relaxers around (Fexmid) to take 1 so I can sleep if things get too bad (and I don't have to care for my daughter). For me, muscle relaxers never help with the actual pain; they just make me tired enough to sleep through it.

I've been dxed with Lyme disease. I wonder, have you been tested for this? I wouldn't pin all your sxs on it, as all my sxs aren't Lyme related but painful joints are at the top of the list for the dreaded tick sickness.

I really wish you well. Leg pain can be so debilitating at times.
    [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

hi, i was tested for lyme and it was negative. I used to do well with ibp but my stomach can't tolerate it. I only use those as a last resort. after three days of them I can't take them any more. The reg ty does nothing for me I get a much better result with a ty 3 with codine. But I suppose there not safe to be taking up to four a day. Thats why I am going back to drs. I don't think it's normal to take that many.

lol I can remember the first dose I was like hey I could do some yoga or aerobics again. I felt great. I feel much better with at least one and I take it before I start doing dinner.

My kitchen has become my enemy I hate being in the kitchen. I try and use a chair but it's so low its hard to reach for things.
      I been sitting for the rest of the day when I am not fetching things for mom. It's getting unbearable. The one good thing is I been sleeping but it's not rest full because my legs still hurt as soon as i get up.

I know every time I go see my dr. he tells me that the weight has to come off I am about 60 pounds over weight but if you can hardly move with out pain how are you supposed to move to loose weight. its the catch 22. drives me crazy. I just have to go back to tell the dr and complain some more. Thanks I know I am complaining but sometimes you just gotta let it out.
      Not dx yet, had symptoms now for 4 years. First Neuro App was August 5,10.MRI DEC 8,2010 Finally done. Original MRI was for July 4,2011

Comment

I was just recently put on Lyrica specifically because of leg pain, and it is working wonderfully. Ibuprofen does not work for my legs, and Lyrica does. I had almost forgotten how wonderful it feels to have normal feeling legs!! Good luck to you!!

Comment

Working...
        X