Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop the Colds from Getting on Your Nerves (hehe Get it?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop the Colds from Getting on Your Nerves (hehe Get it?)

Colds...who needs 'em? Not me!!!

Does anyone have some home remedies to speed this along?
    It's all in my chest and sinuses. I'm running like a faucet, sneezing like a madman and coughing like there's no tomorrow. I take my usual needed ibuprofen but, other than that, I'm not a fan of pills.

Neurological issues are bad enough without having to take on "normal" sicknesses, as well.

What are everyone's secrets to trying to keep the unnecessary evils at bay?
    [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Colds

We always do "hot totties"...work like a charm! Take a few ounces of wiskey, splash of lemon juice, and a tablespoon of honey, heat them up on the stove. Drink warm!
    Selina
    Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.~Menander

Comment

I have a sinus infection right now.

I use a nettie pot when I start to get sinus issues/cold.

I had to start an antibiotic yesterday as the fluids turned from clear to green (I know, ewwwww).

Nettie Pot works like a charm though. You can get them at any drug store/large store.

Just my thought. Get well

Comment

Mucinex - use the generic but i didn't think i could spell it. 800-1600 mg twice a day

It is considered an expectorant but it will thin the secretions wherever they are....
        No side effects if you use the base one...
        Prevents infections by allowing the mucous to continue to move.
        Plenty of rest.

Comment

For me (and my wife as well) the nettie pot is not only a fraction of the lowest cost of mucinex but worked FASTER & BETTER and keeps on saving money.

Nettie gets my Vote.......puntended.....lol

Gomer Dr. of, Been There, Done That

Comment

Thanks for your ideas, everyone!

sdherring, as tasty as your recipe sounds, I no longer drink any alcohol anymore (can't make any exceptions, either). Whiskey was always my favorite, too. Drats...
            Just to clarify, I had no problems with alcohol. I'm just strictly supporting someone who can no longer drink.

Wobbler/Gomer - I've always been a little freaked out at the thought of nettie pots but they've always gotten such high reviews that I think it's time I bite the bullet and tried it out. I'll let you know how it goes!

akafearless - I will keep your Mucinex suggestion on my list. With the cough I have, an expectorant may be needed in the near future. And I will definitely TRY to rest! Hehe

Thanks, again! I hope anyone else that is sick feels well soon and thank you for the lovely wishes for my health.
            [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

Working...
            X