Addiction forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addiction forum

I am wondering why there isnt an adiction forum here. I cant belive i am the only one with ms that fights adiction. I have read the rules but dont see anything in them about talking about adictions, from self medicating symptoms. Just wondering, i think this place is a great place and it helps alot of people. thanx.

Alcoholism

I'm an alcoholic & I used to drink alot!!! I've been sober for7 years now. I deal with my addiction, while I also have had MS for 15 years now.

I do miss having a beer on a hot summer day or the social times (bars)& friends I used to have. (I will admit I had some fun.)

But, When the party was over, it was the angels here on this web-site that helped me. It may sound funny but, I'm lucky to have MS to help me. I don't have the craving to drink, since I stopped. I think It's because; in the back of my mind, I know with this disease, it will make the MS much worse if I keep getting ***faced .(never mind that I'm off balance anyway.) Also it negates the Meds that I take (Betaseron.) It's like taking nothing to slow down or stop the progression.
    Andy

Comment

I commend you, Andy. It takes a lot to not only stop drinking, but to really take the time to realize why it's not a good idea, believe it and stick to it.

Bravo! *super applauding*

Intruder, I think it could be beneficial to be able to relate with others who have gone through or are going through addiction with MS. I hope you put some threads out there and find some people you can discuss this subject with. I wish you strength to keep fighting. Be well!
      [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

Working...
      X