Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibrating Muscle

Hi,

I don't have a diagnosis of MS but I have a lot of motor problems. I have spasticity of both legs and lrft arm, foot drop on left side, and mild fasciculations. I have atrophy of my left hand, left arm and left leg. The only non motor symptom I have is terrible short-term memory and word fishing.

My symptoms are common with ALS but I have had 3 emg's that did not indicate ALS. Most ALS is detected by emg.

Anyway, my left side is my bad and weak side, even the left side of my mouth droops slightly but today I had a sensation while typing and it was on my right upper arm. My muscle vibrated on my upper arm. This is a new sensation and it freaked me out. It is not the popcorn or thumping type twitch, this was a vibration. I know if I would have gotten to it quickly I would have seen my muscle move but I did not. The feeling was quite jolting and because it was my good side, I am particularly freaked out. Have any of you had this sensation before? What is it? A spasm?

It was painless. I hate not knowing what will move, jump, or flutter next. Please reassure me if you can.

Amy
    Think of something you would die for, and live for it.

Hi SpringOwl (Amy)

Muscle twitching, tremors, spasms, vibrations, etc. are not uncommon symptoms of MS, but they can be symptoms of other conditions also.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
    X