All in my head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All in my head?

Just coming for a little support, I guess. A brief re-intro...starting having sx suddenly in Oct. Numbness, tingling, pins & needles, pain, burning, twitching, cog fog. Have had every test under the sun...everything is normal except I have more than 9 lesions on my brain. One neuro says they are in the wrong place to be MS, the other PNP says they could be MS even if they are in the wrong place. Neither can say what it is that is causing this, if it isn't MS, which they can't say it is (the neuro said he didn't think it was MS but couldn't say what it is...read: all in your head).
    I am on 1800mg of gabapentin every day and I still get break through jabs.

Anyway, I went today for the final "rule out" tests - an EMG on my legs. Everything was fine. The neuro doing the test wouldn't say that the lesions are what is causing my twitching, tingling, painful legs, but my nerves & muscles are normal.

Is it all in my head? Can you have over 9 lesions "in the wrong place" for MS & it is something else? What else could it be? I know I am under stress, but can stress cause lesions? HELP!! I feel like I am crazy & a hypochondriac!

I have another MRI in May to see if more lesions have showed up so we are playing wait & see. I am second guessing myself today as to whether this crud is just psychological. It can't be, right?

Thanks, everyone!
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" Reinhold Niebuhr

NO!

I am so sorry! That is frustrating! Of course it is not in your head (no pun intended). My suggestion is a second opinion from a DIFFERENT neuro...

Hang in there!
    dx 7/2002 - on Rebif since dx...just changed to Copaxone 1/2011

"There is a difference between acceptance and approval"

Comment

Did they do an LP?
      ~Piper - DX'd 2/2010 - Mama, Wife, Working gal

Comment

There are a lot of different conditions that can cause these symptoms. Have you been checked for Lyme disease? Lupus? Vitamin B12 deficiency? Celiac disease (gluten intolerance)? Sjogren's syndrome?

If not, ask for tests for these conditions, especially Celiac, as it can not only cause neurological problems, but also brain lesions (in the wrong places) as well.

Hugs,

Lisa
        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

LP is clear, Lyme negative, B12 normal, D normal, iron normal, no migraine disorder, no hole in my heart throwing clots, no lupus, on and on...I am healthy as a horse, except for the multiple lesions (which the radiologist said look like de-mylenating condition) and the many "unseen" symptoms. Except for exaggerated reflexes...those can be seen by the dr.
          "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

Working...
          X