Online Store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Store?

Please dont post this if I am out of line here.

I was just thinking that MS World should have an online store to help raise money....like the MS Society has. It came to mind because my hubby's boat (he is in the Navy) was fundraising and purchased some customized sport bottles from Glass America and made a killing on them. I was thinking if MS World did that, I for sure would buy one.

Just thinking out loud.....and wanting something to take around with me to show my MS World support.

CrazyCatLady
    MS Does Not Define Me.....My Love of Tea Does! LOL!

I would get something!!! How about something with all of our signiture sayings?
    dx 7/2002 - on Rebif since dx...just changed to Copaxone 1/2011

"There is a difference between acceptance and approval"

Comment

I the saying.....

"It's All In Your Head"

In my case MOST of it (Dawson's fingers) turned out to be in my head, just neuro instead of shrink dept........lol

Now we need a saying for SPINAL lesions, got them as well.

Gomer Dr. of, Been There, Done That

Comment

I like

I like "Wellness is a State of Mind" I know it is on the home page with the "R" with a circle around it so I dont know it that could be used or not?
        I still like it.

CrazyCatLady

Comment

OK I am being dumb but..

OK I know this is dumb and for sure we could not do it because we would be advertising for someone else but I thought it was funny.

I want a tee shirt that says "Got Gilenya?" You know like the "Got Milk" comericial. LOL! People would have no clue what it meant and if they cared enough, would look it up. LOL!

OK it was funny to me at least.

CrazyCatLady

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky10
            What a great idea! And don't think it hasn't been considered. Being a non-profit organization limits us a bit, though. I've always wanted an MSWorld bumper sticker!
            But you can accept donations.....

What if someone not officially part of MSWorld was authorized limited use the MSWorld logo , come up with some nifty products on say, Cafe Press, and donated proceeds from said products to MSWorld?

I'm sure someone would be up to the task of creating such products or if the logo use would be impossible, come up with some other fun MS stuff.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBones View Post
              But you can accept donations.....

What if someone not officially part of MSWorld was authorized limited use the MSWorld logo , come up with some nifty products on say, Cafe Press, and donated proceeds from said products to MSWorld?

I'm sure someone would be up to the task of creating such products or if the logo use would be impossible, come up with some other fun MS stuff.

Just a thought.

Yeah that is sort of what I was thinking too. I want to show my MS World support.

I like Glass America. (I have NO relationship with the company other then having some of their items from other fundraisers.) I think their stuff is great! It is mostly water bottles, coffee cups stuff like that. I though what better to get some of us to drink more then a nifty MS World water bottle!

Plus with something like a water bottle or bag or pin you can use it out and about so others see it.

I hope they can make a store. I think it is a great donation raiser. MS Society does it.

CrazyCatLady

Comment

Throwing an idea out there...
                Since I'm sure we have a ton of crafters, could that be turned into a fundraiser for MS World? Using something like Etsy, someone could set up/run and donate the profits back...

Comment

If MSworld does create a store I hope it does more then the typical stuff, like stickers, mugs and t-shirts.

Resell goods or link to companies that donate to MSworld, and slap MSworld logo stickers onto items MSers use and resell them, items like walkers, exercise equipment, cooling clothes, etc.

With a way for MSworld forum posters can do product review on the items.

Let it grow in to mare then just a money raiser, it could be a good tool for MSers to help other MSers to know what products help.
                  Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky10
                    There are legalities to explore but that's what lawyers are for!
                    Do we have lawyers or is that a pipe dream?

CrazyCatLady

Comment

This is actually fairly easy to do. All it requires is an application to Ebay as a non-profit (they have a free sell method for non-profits). Don't have to set up a separate store. And that way, people can list their own things and donate a percentage to MS World.

Originally posted by Sir-Voor View Post
                      If MSworld does create a store I hope it does more then the typical stuff, like stickers, mugs and t-shirts.

Resell goods or link to companies that donate to MSworld, and slap MSworld logo stickers onto items MSers use and resell them, items like walkers, exercise equipment, cooling clothes, etc.

With a way for MSworld forum posters can do product review on the items.

Let it grow in to mare then just a money raiser, it could be a good tool for MSers to help other MSers to know what products help.

Comment

I love it!

I would certainly buy (and sell/market) products to "flaunt" my appreciation for MSWorld, while raising awareness and $$ for MS.
                        , T2B

"I have a lot of pain in my microwave".

Comment

Monster.....

Oh my goodness!
                          I have created a monster....this is wonderful!

I hope we can make something happen, I love this web site and think it would be great to help support it!!!

CrazyCatLady

Comment

Great Ideas!

Love the ebay idea! And maybe lapel pins?

Thanks,
                            Time

Comment

lapel pins

Lapel pins would be great, or bracelets, or necklaces or shirts.... Ideas are limitless! I'm a crafter, so I'd love to help make something!
                              , T2B

"I have a lot of pain in my microwave".

Comment

Working...
                              X