Your Body + Colds = ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Body + Colds = ?

Hello! I'm curious to know how others' bodies react to things like colds.

Obviously, I mean aside from things like being stuffy, coughing, etc...

Does your body do anything different? Do any of your MS sxs kick up?

[insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

My DH is better then I am at knowing if I am getting sick.
    My legs twitch more and my arm spasms and cramps. I am terribly uncomfortable and can't sleep because of it. I have been sick a lot more then usual this year and he has gotten really good at noticing when it's coming.
    Dx'd RRMS 7/12/2010, Back in the Prob. Pile 2/1/2011 "Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall”...Ray Bradbury

Comment

Colds +

My colds just keep on going. Previous one went two months befor I went to the Dr. Antibiotics wiped it out in three days. The last one I went to the Dr. three days in. It took two courses of antibiotics. The course was less subdued. The Dr. also treated all of the symptoms with cortisone injection and cough medicine. She told me she had four other patients with MS and they all had problems with colds. Good luck.
      Dave
      J

Comment

I just moved from Texas to Tenn and got a cold. The first one I've had in years. I let it run it's course. It lasted a little over a week. It really took a toll on my M.S. 2 days without sleep and I was very weak, I took some meds for my stuffy nose.

Comment

Before I went on Tysabri colds would cause me to have a flare-up and I had to take steroids.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

I had a cold about 2 weeks ago and am still getting over the bronchitis that came with it. It sucks and I had a mini-flare come with it. I'm better for the most part now, though.
            Rae Roy

Comment

Thank goodness, I haven't had any flares, but my cold turned into bronchitis and I just have not been able to kick it despite some steroids and continuing antibiotics.

Comment

I seem to have the same issues as rawksea with the legs and spasms. It's weird cos I'll know I'm getting a cold before I get it because of how my body revolts against me.

I can say that, when I got pneumonia (along with 3 other people, at the same time), mine lasted nearly a month and a half longer than theirs. I seem to take forever to get over colds.

Speaking of which, the one I have now is driving me crazy!

Bah to sickness!

I hope all of you are healthier than me!
                [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

When iget a virus of anytype, 75% of the time i cant stay awake and sleep 22 hours aday. I get depressed and stay depressed after the virus is gone. I have missed 8 days of work in last few months due to a simple common cold.

Comment

My body tells me that I am getting sick long before I know it is coming. Any sickness causes my body to ache something crazy and I am so tired that I can hardly get out of bed. That usually lasts for 2-3 days, then it gets better (not the cold, just the body aches).

Comment

Working...
                    X