HAP Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAP Question

I have to switch my medical to HAP ( HMO ) from Blue Cross which is a ( PPO ) my co-pay for my Extavia has been 20% of the cost of the medication with my Blue-Cross, does anybody on here have experience with HAP insurance ?? It says my prescriptions should only cost $10.00 to $30.00 dollars.

Hi dynoman:
    I don't have HAP insurance, but I do have long-term experience with HMO coverage. Just as with PPOs, HMOs often have many package options, so what a person pays for doctor and drug copays varies by what kind of plan they have. Your HAP copays could be different from another HAP member's copays even though you both have the same HMO.

As curious as you are about what other people are paying, the only reliable source for your copay information is HAP. If 10 HAP members tell you they pay only $10 for Extavia, you might be disappointed to find out that your copay is $30. A good guideline is to remember that all of the MS DMDs are expensive, so even Extavia (the cheaper version of the same formulation as Betaseron) might be a Tier 3 drug at the higher copay.

Comment

Working...
    X