Fatigue Vs. Tired Muscles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatigue Vs. Tired Muscles

I thought I would throw this out to get some feedback. After performing physical work, like digging in the yard or working on my old car, my muscles get really weak and my legs especially get wobbly, like rubber bands. I have to rest for an hour or so then then I can go back out and work again for another 45-60 minutes.

It's not that I'm tired and need a nap, just get weak and wobbly and have to let my muscles rest. Would you consider this fatigue or tired muscles or ?? I'd like to make sure I explain this to my Neuro correctly, thanks.

In my opinion its fatigue. I get that way when I take a shower. Once I'm done I have to sit in my chair for about 15 minutes then I'm good to go for a while until I tax myself out again. Its a pain, but it's part of having M.S.

Comment

Hi MS TOO

After performing physical work, like digging in the yard or working on my old car, my muscles get really weak and my legs especially get wobbly, like rubber bands. I have to rest for an hour or so then then I can go back out and work again for another 45-60 minutes.

It's not that I'm tired and need a nap, just get weak and wobbly and have to let my muscles rest.
      I would tell your neuro exactly what you have written. That's a perfect description, and he should understand what you mean.

What you're describing sounds like neuromuscular fatigue, which is activity dependent fatigue. It's not the tired/sleepy kind. In MS, this is caused by disrupted/inefficient/impaired nerve conduction due to demyelination. Exercise or sustained use of the muscles brings this type of fatigue on. Resting from the activity for awhile helps.

I have this also and have no choice but to rest after prolonged activity since my muscles will not work right, if at all. I'm always relieved after I rest, and grateful that I am able to move again. It can be frustrating, as well as scary when I can barely move.

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I would describe it just as you did. I would rather give my doc info in my own words, in my description rather than try to identify it myself. That's what he's there for!

Comment

Working...
        X