Crazy treatment study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy treatment study

Wow this is crazy wierd. Some of you may have already heard this maybe even been a thread since I am new hear. Anyways I just read a story about how parasitic hookworms.... Yes I said WORMS could lessen the effects of ms. the ms society in the UK is sponsering a study with rrms patients. Talk about sci-fiction Rx.
    COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH- BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY ~JOHN WAYNE~

Hi Greg

This study has been discussed somewhat in the Medications forum. I think a few of our members are in a clinical trial for this treatment.

It does sound........different!

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...th#post1235885

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Greg I have been off the boards for some time. I am taking Pig whip worm Ova and feeling great. It certainly is hard to wrap your head around initially.

I felt that we had evolved with parasites and these particular eggs are harmless. At least they have been for me. I can't speak for anyone else.

I did not like the side effects that were possible in all the other meds and as soon as I received my diagnosis I researched all my options and this study is being done in Madison, WI around an hour drive for me. So I went for it.

It just seemed like the right thing for me to do. I pray some good will come from it and that the doctors will gain more knowledge into another possible treatment option.

Comment

I'm thinking this might be a hard "medicine" to take but I'm sooo very grateful for those willing to try. One of these days all these trials and the studying is goign to come up with just the right procedure.
        What if trials of this life
        Are Your mercies in disguise?
        "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Different all right. There's a chap in Australia who offers the treatment for celiac disease, irritable bowel syndrome and MS.
          He walks around barefoot in Africa, gets infested with Hookworm, comes back and will sell you the eggs, so you have your own little colony.
          It sounds, and probably is, disgusting, but apparently it works. The worms like a host to have a nice quiet immune system.

Comment

Kinda a weird question but don't hookworms actually eat all the food you ingest?? I mean, worms make animals soooo skinny. and they have hooks that hook into your tissues and BLAH...EWWWW. I'm sorry but my skin is crawling just thinking of it. Am I thinking about this treatment correctly?? Or am I overdoing it?? This is the first time I've heard of it and just wondering. Sorry to freak out...just kinda gave me the willies for a moment.
            Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
            Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

Working...
            X