Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surgery

Hi all. I am having a hysterectomy and I was wondering if ms symptoms get worse after having surgery. Any thoughts?

Surgery and Symptoms

I can only speak for myself, of course, but almost exactly a year ago I had a mastectomy. I found no difference whatsoever in my MS symptoms before and after the surgery. 2 months ago I had shoulder surgery and also saw no difference in MS symptoms before and after the surgery. Good luck and let us know how it goes for you.

Comment

Just wanted to wish you well.. and say I am sorry for what you are going through. I will be having surgery later this year and wondered the same thing.

Let us know how you are doing ok?

HUGS, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

surgery

I had a hysterectomy in October 2009. Was worried that the MS would flare, but I sailed through the healing process without any problems. I got lots and lots of rest; didn't have much choice the first couple of weeks. Just relax, sleep when you can and follow your post-op directions to a tee. Good luck.

Comment

Best advice, don't expect a problem. In most cases there isn't any, people do just fine. It may take you a little longer to 'recover' from the surgery, just like everything takes longer now. I have had major surgery with no MS problems.
          Bill
          Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts and advise. I'm sure there won't be any issues.
            Thanks again
            Jen

Comment

I had a hysteroctomy 2 years ago and in some ways it has actually helped my MS. Im not in pain with my ovaries and I don't worry about periods. The hot flashes were rough but I only had to wait a month before estogen and then they went away. Mood swings were rough and it took me about 6 months to adjust, but it wasn't unbearable. I am happy I had mine and I turn 40 this July. Good luck ladies!
              The Best things in life....aren't things!

Comment

Hi Bliss,

I had a hysterectomy last June. I didn't have any problems with worse sxs or anything else regarding my MS. My surgeon was concerned, but it never crossed my mind once, that I would have more problems than before the surgery.

I recovered fast. I'm so glad I had that done, should have done it years ago. No more pain and no more stress.

Good luck!

Ulli
                dx 5/95 rrms

Comment

Working...
                X