Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vitamin D level at diagnosis

Hi,
    I am wondering how low your Vitamin D level was at diagnosis time (if low at all)? I am not diagnosed yet but just received my lab work back and it appears my Vit D is borderline low. Just curious... thank you!
    teacherellen
    teacherellen
    "Life unfolds in moments"
    Possible MS

I have never tested low on Vitamin D.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

i was tested and always in the normal range. the have tested me about 3 times in the past two years. always borderline low.
      Wishing you well, Stacey
      -------------------------------------
      ON 10/12/08. Avonex 1/09 to 8/09. Copaxone since 8/05. dx 7-7-09.

Comment

Vitamin D

Originally posted by teacherellen View Post
        Hi,
        I am wondering how low your Vitamin D level was at diagnosis time (if low at all)? I am not diagnosed yet but just received my lab work back and it appears my Vit D is borderline low. Just curious... thank you!
        teacherellen
        I was first tested Oct, 2009. My level was 76.6. Early in 2009 my MS doc suggested I (all his patients) take 4000 IU of Vitamin D3. I just came from clinic and they took tube of blood to lest again. Will get results next month and will report back to you.

I live in Wis and during the winter the sun is not out as much as we'd like. In fact today is the start of a BIG SNOW STORM

Toot
        toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
        Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

Mine was LOW not sure what it was Guess I could look it up. But my Neuro said Whoa Low vit D and Blood sugar.
          Dx'd RRMS 7/12/2010, Back in the Prob. Pile 2/1/2011 "Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall”...Ray Bradbury

Comment

Low enough that it almost caused me to be diagnosed with a form of anemia instead of MS.

Comment

what is the name for vit d on the test?

i was told i was very low so dr put me on 2x50,000 a week until it gets better then go back to normal d3 intake
              Billy
              Dx: 09/2004
              09/2011- oooppppssss still have it.

Comment

Wriser

Look for something like:

25-hydroxy vitamin D or 25(OH)D

Take care,
                KoKo
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                  Wriser

Look for something like:

25-hydroxy vitamin D or 25(OH)D

Take care,
                  KoKo

thanks. i will have to look for that. i got all my tests to see
                  Billy
                  Dx: 09/2004
                  09/2011- oooppppssss still have it.

Comment

When I was dx'ed in April 2010 my level was 8. That was one of the first things they commented on...guess they should be over 30.... i am on 50,000 i.u./week and now it is over 50.

Comment

My Vitamin D level was critically low when I was originally diagnosed. I have since been undiagnosed but it remains low or low normal. I continue to take hefty does of Vit. D under the guidance of my physician.

Comment

My D level was crazy low. On prescription D right now in fact.

Doc said it's quite common.

Comment

I was at a 4... I have been on prescription D for the last 2 years and I'm back up to 35 :-)
                          I'm working with an Endocrinologist to track my progress. he thinks I may need to take Vit D suppliments on a permanent basis.

Comment

vit d

Mine was so low, the Dr said they have to give me the lowest number possible number which I guess is a 4 they have me on 50,000 mg a day for 3 months. Does anyone else notice they give you an upset tummy? Maybe its just the avonex. I just had my first injection Friday. Well whatever it is, hopefully it stops soon! Good luck everyone!

Comment

i also have a low vit d level and take perscription vit d2. my endo says nothing to do with ms most people have low vit d level many never tested. Especially those living in the north. Also drugs can affect vit d metabolism i am on neurontin so for me he thinks that may affect it there atr other drugs as well.
                              Good luck
                              laurie f

Comment

Working...
                              X