Facial Tics, Driving Me Up The Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facial Tics, Driving Me Up The Wall

Most of my life, I've had this constant sniffing problem. There is nothing runny, and nothing to blow. I try to make an effort to stop myself, but I do it even when I'm not aware of it.

The last four months, my right eye is really dry all of the time. I just went to the optometrist, and my vision in that eye jumped from 3.5 up to 4.75 in two years! She said the right eye is definitely worse.

Anyway, along with the dryness, I have developed a tic where I can't stop blinking, and squeezing my eye shut. It looks like I'm winking at people. I try my best to be ultra aware of it and not do it, but then I find myself doing it again. It's driving me crazy and giving me a huge complex..

What can I do on my own to help this? What causes this?

I had a twitch for about three months - I kept winking my right eye. I also had this weird sort of Tourette's thing, where I kept making this TSK! noise. Fortunately both of those have gone away.

Personally I'd say if it hasn't gone away, you've probably done all you can, and not to blame yourself. Talk to your neurologist - they have medication that can help. It won't stop it, but it will happen less often.
    "Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it" - Michel de Montaigne
    Diagnosed May 2007, relapsing-remitting

Comment

Working...
    X