Movies and MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies and MS

Does anyone know of any movies where MS mentioned or focused on at all? The only t.v show I have ever heard it on is House (of course) but I have tried looking it up and have only found a possible 1- Hillary and Jackie.

Any answers guys....?

Thanks.
    HaHa4484 :cool

On the tv show 'The West Wing' the president has MS.

I have seen Hillary and Jackie; it's the only movie that comes to mind.
    Joanne
    Happy in downtown Chicago
    Jerry is my 20 lb cat

Comment

"Go Now" is a very good British movie from 1995 starring Robert Carlyle ("The Full Monty") as a soccer player who has MS.

Comment

thanks for the replies, i will have to look into both of those. Worth a shot...lol no pun intended.
        HaHa4484 :cool

Comment

Originally posted by haha4484 View Post
          The only t.v show I have ever heard it on is House (of course)
          OK havent even seen House, is there a character that has MS??

CrazyCatLady
          MS Does Not Define Me.....My Love of Tea Does! LOL!

Comment

West wing was the only one I could think of, and, of course,Real Housewives of DC. and there was one episode of Law & Order on at 3 in the morning where the victim had MS, but I cannot remember the episode name.

Good question. I will keep checking to see if there is any I missed.

JudySz

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
              OK havent even seen House, is there a character that has MS??
              No, there isn't a regular character that has MS, but MS is brought up as a possible diagnosis so often that it's become kind of a running joke in the MS community (Dr. House is a diagnostician who deals with a different case every week).

Apart from that, it's a pretty good show.

Comment

I was also going to mention "Go Now", Sequoia. Great, UPLIFTING movie. "Hilary and Jackie" makes me cry everytime I see it.

I can't think of really anything to suggest. My life is enough of its own movie....
                “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
                Diagnosed 1979

Comment

They mentioned it on Family Guy one time. Needless to say it wasn't in a very appropriate context

Comment

That cartoon is a riot! Seth McFarland always goes over the edge. I love it!
                    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
                    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

I think Annette Funicello had one but I dont know how far it went into ms: " a dream is a wish your heart makes".

I loathe when ms is in shows, I watch tv for escape

I hated Hilary and jackie thought it was awful and shows only worst case scenaro mixed w/ a dispicable story but thats just me.

I googled and found this but its books: "Stephen White has written a series of thrillers about a psychologist whose wife has MS. Mr. White has MS. The books are pretty fun mysteries"

Comment

I cant think of any movies but in the book The Kitchen God's Wife by Amy Tan, the main character has MS. It was my favorite book before my symptoms and diagnosis, and now holds a very special place in my heart.
                        Courage is NOT the absence of fear, it is going forward in spite of fear. Diagnosed 5/27/10

Comment

There is an older movie with Julie Andrews as a violinist with MS, but darned if I can remember the name of it...

Hugs and Prayers,
                          Chele
                          Mis-Diagnosed with Parkinson's for 1 year.
                          Now being watched and tested for Neurological Movement Disorder, most likely MS.

Comment

Chele, it's called "Duet for One" and it came out in 1987. Unfortunately, it hasn't been issued in DVD form so a person would have to find an old VHS copy to watch it.

sloth7, I found "Hillary and Jackie" very hard to watch, but I thought it was an extremely good movie. I didn't find anything despicable in the plot...just human beings dealing, sometimes poorly, with a tragic situation.

Yes, Jacqueline Dupre's form of MS was aggressive...but that's the way it really is for some people and it's a face of MS that needs to be shown, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
                              No, there isn't a regular character that has MS, but MS is brought up as a possible diagnosis so often that it's become kind of a running joke in the MS community (Dr. House is a diagnostician who deals with a different case every week).

Apart from that, it's a pretty good show.
                              i love 'house'! he reminds me a WHOLE LOT like a neuro i quit seeing! for obvious reasons.
                              isn't it funny how hollywood treats MS? even though a lot of actors have MS & other disabilities you won't find them too often on regular shows,not at least a steady character having one.
                              Michael J Fox was on 'Good WIfe' as a lawyer with a disability, don't think it was parkinsons. he used his disability to gain sympathy from the jury. it was good to see him acting again, but said to see him exploiting his (or a disability) to win a case. didn't help people with disabilities image, unless to say that we can regular, ruthless lawyers who'll use any tactic to win a case?
                              i'll have to find these other shows/ movies mentioned.
                              everyone take care and 'pass the popcorn'
                              "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
                              X