No announcement yet.

Do any of you wake up every day having a hard time getting going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too am stiff and achy when I get up in the morning, my back and neck are always the worst...first thing I do is take some advil and try to do some very light stretches. Also, remember to take it easy throughout the day. I used to try to rush around and get everything done and by the end of the day I felt like I was going to just fall over.. My old neuro told me to try and rest for 5 min. out of every half hour. Admittedly at first I didn't really follow his advice because I thought, who has that kind of time to rest? Now I rest about 10 minutes every hour and it does help..kinda like getting a little cat nap in. Exercise helps too. I have been doing yoga and pilates and have noticed a difference since I started. Helps with all of my balance issues too. Hope that things begin to get better for you with this..hugs and best wishes
    "Once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it." - Bill Cosby

Comment

Originally posted by WACVet View Post
      You are doing a lot for one day! I know I had one day of "me" being me, a few weeks ago. OMG, I cleaned!!! Of course, I paid for it the following days, but I did have ONE DAY. I go to bed in pain, wake up all through the night with pains, and wake in the morning with pain. The Doctor is thinking I have central sleep apnea, which could be one of the reasons I'm exhausted upon waking.

You are not alone, there are many of us in the same boat, and so many, like myself, take advantage when we have a good day. For the most part, I do my best to conserve energy, but when you have an hour, day, of feeling good, you want to do everything and anything you can to take advantage of it!
      I too have had similar issues in the morning. The only thing I can compare it too is waking up, walking into a brick wall, and then having the bricks strapped to your body all day. It usually gets better as the morning progresses. My Doc prescribed a CPAP machine for mild sleep apnea. I've had it for just over a month. So far the jury is still out. I have to say I'm falling asleep and staying asleep better. In- fact I sleep so deep that I often don't hear the alarm (Thank God I work second shift). As for having more energy however, I don't seem to be improving.
      Thanks for posting. Its nice to know once again that you're not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by winnie123 View Post
        I find that every single day i wake up, I feel not rested,

I also notice if I do too much one day...I am bed ridden the next day with over all fatigue...3 years ago I had no problems
        I kept the two lines that rang clear to me.
        Twelve years after dx I still cannot accept; no matter how well I eat, exercise, (try to)sleep..... I never feel good or rested.

If I have to; I can push thru anything for a while.....then the hang-over or pay-back comes.

My Mom's mom (my grandma) died a few weeks ago.

I was able to drive 1150 miles to my dads house straight thru, sleep/rest for 12 hrs, drive 300 miles to my mom's hometown, attend the services,see my mom, drive 1,200 miles back home all in 3 days time.
        (sound's impressive?).....
        I was in a coma for the next week. Had a wicked hang-over for the next week and I am starting to pull out of it this week.

I have always been able to push myself thru anything in life.
        Problem is, in a short period of time, I can run myself down soo bad that it takes weeks to recover.

People expect me to be back up and going after a good nights sleep.
        It is difficult to explain that I don't work that way.

As far as tips to deal with this?
        I have learned that diet and exercise (keeping fit) gives me more energy....(but I still don't want to get out of bed unless it is on fire.)

Comment

Oh my gosh, can't believe how similar our symptoms are and I also thought I was alone! It takes everything I have in the morning just to get out of bed let alone get ready for work, by the end of a work day I struggle to stay awake to drive home because I have so much fatigue and my legs are weak and don't want to work! Wish I had answers for you instead of a blog of my daily struggles!

Comment

Hi All, Little update. I saw my nuero and she said I feel so badly because I am not sleeping straight through due to the pain. I am now up to 1000mg of Gabapentin a day. This has definatley helped the burning in my hips, my tingling and pain in arms, and mid back pain while sleeping...HOWEVER I know experience fatigue X 10..OMG I am grateful to experience less pain, but I am SO tired through out the day...Just no energy. I am eating super healthy so diet is not the culprit...I sure hope this too shall pass...

Comment

pain

Winnie
              Glad your pain level is controlled. Unfortunately we all have to deal with side effects with all these meds. I was on neurontin for a long time and helped with the pain, but what happens with all the drugs (as I have experienced) is that you reach a level where is becomes ineffective because your body becomes too used to it.

It's such a catch 22 both with the disease and the meds!

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by tommylee View Post
                I kept the two lines that rang clear to me.
                Twelve years after dx I still cannot accept; no matter how well I eat, exercise, (try to)sleep..... I never feel good or rested.

If I have to; I can push thru anything for a while.....then the hang-over or pay-back comes.

My Mom's mom (my grandma) died a few weeks ago.

I was able to drive 1150 miles to my dads house straight thru, sleep/rest for 12 hrs, drive 300 miles to my mom's hometown, attend the services,see my mom, drive 1,200 miles back home all in 3 days time.
                (sound's impressive?).....
                I was in a coma for the next week. Had a wicked hang-over for the next week and I am starting to pull out of it this week.

I have always been able to push myself thru anything in life.
                Problem is, in a short period of time, I can run myself down soo bad that it takes weeks to recover.

People expect me to be back up and going after a good nights sleep.
                It is difficult to explain that I don't work that way.

As far as tips to deal with this?
                I have learned that diet and exercise (keeping fit) gives me more energy....(but I still don't want to get out of bed unless it is on fire.)
                Sorry for your loss. Perhaps the extreme situation gave you the adrenaline to push your way through it. My Provigel does the same thing...but with M.S., there is always the dreaded payback! I can't manufacture energy, only borrow it for awhile and then pay it back...with interest! Re-read your post...pretty amazing feat even by "healthy" persons standards, don't ya think?
                Tawanda

Comment

late to the post but wanted to thank you for asking the question and posting!

I constantly heard ms'rs are fine in a.m. till later.

Im not! thought I was wierd. Not that I want to normal in ms but anyway LOL

Thanks everyone for sharing!

Comment

sloth7, You know what gets me is the morning I feel like my feet just won't work well. It HURTS to walk on them, feeling the pain as I hold on to the walls going down the hall (or using my walker).

Morning feels as if I haven't slept at all. I get some energy from my grandson who comes during the day but nothing to write home about... I nap many times during the day.

In the later afternoon I find I can get the dishes done but I'm never able to get them put away.

I know it's always been said "Do things when you have the energy" but when I do it seems to be taken away fast.
                    Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
                    Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X