Questions about disability process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about disability process

We filed for disability for our 15 yr old son back in November 2009. He has panhypopituitarism and is on growth hormone and thyroid medication. He also has a large Encephalocele (nuro tube defect). and aprox 69 IQ. Has always had an IEP and is in the lower percentiles for height. We have yet to be seen by a SSI doctor, and have been told we should here and answer in a few weeks. We do know his case was forwarded to the SSI doctors for review. Just wondering our chances of approval, and why we haven't seen the SSI doctors yet (Such as is it required to deny or approve).

Hi, Jeff. Sorry to hear about your son's challenges. Certainly, they sound severe and the IQ of 69 is significant. I cannot give you an opinion, though, on the merits of your son's case. If Social Security wants a doctor to examine your son, they can do that. I wish you the best of luck with his claim.

Rich
    Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

well I was curious how Social Security could make a determination without him seeing a doctor. we did supply all his medical, and school info. But wouldnt they want hime to be seen by their doctor before deciding yes, or no?

Comment

They usually do, but they are not required to.

Rich
        Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

ssi approved

Well we received a letter that my stepson was approved for SSI. We went in to provide the financial info, rep. payee app, and confirm our application was up to date. How much should he get for ssi? @ parent household with 3 children (one being my stepson) average about 2400 gross pay per month.

Comment

Hi, Jeff. Great news on your son's claim. I'll let Social Security make that calculation for you. Best of luck.

Rich

Comment

Working...
            X