Cooling Vests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling Vests

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences from cooling vests? My PT suggested I look into one for the summer.
    Thank you

Hello Stacie

Welcome to MS World Forums

There was a thread on cooling vests here recently. You may want to check this out. Hope it helps!

http://msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101955

Stay cool and take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I just ordered my first cooling vest online thru MSCooling dot com. There are so many varieties, but I choose one within my budget. It's an evaporative cooling vest and only paid about $35 for it. Sometimes you get what you'd pay for, so we'll see. Keep cool
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

IF YOU TYPE "COOLING VESTS" INTO YOUR SEARCH ENGINE, YOU`LL GET SITES THAN YOU CAN LEISURELY LOOK AT.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Type MSAA in your search engine they had a "cooling program" where they would send vests, hats etc for free.
          Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

MSSA Cooling Eqpt Program

Please apply here for your son. The MSAA provides them for free.
            I've had mine for 5 years now (in Las Vegas) and it truly is a life saver!

http://www.msassociation.org/programs/cooling/
            Faith, Hope & Love
            Gina
            MS 1988 SPMS 2005

Comment

WOW thanks for posting this

I have used wet towels on my head and neck to try to cool off, when working in my gardens.

I have a funny looking thing, that has a seat on it like a tractor and the bottom looks like a big leaf, that it sit and it lets me scoot along at the edge of my raised beds.

Used to be I could work out there till it got up to about 72, now even 72 is hot for me. I get dehydrated so easily too, so over 72 I am in the house. Maybe this will allow me to sit out side by my ponds and enjoy my gardens and nature longer.

Comment

Working...
              X