Numbness on left side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Numbness on left side

My boyfriend has just started experiencing numbness on his left side in both his arm and leg.

Would anyone know anything that may relieve symptoms?

has he seen the dr about it?
    total left side numbness is what finally resulted in my dx. sorry to say that no drs. have given me anything that makes it go away. but i've had MS probably 19 yrs.
    it is a frustrating sx but one you can actually get used to, i have managed to compensate for it and stay pretty functional.
    take care & may God bless ya'll.
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Back just over a year ago, right before I got dx, I had a problem where multiple times a day, my left side would freeze up. I would be doing random stuff, sometimes even just sitting or laying down. I could sense when the attacks would come on, and when I knew they were about to, I tried a "mind over matter" process which never worked. If I wasn't sitting or laying down, I would have to or else I would collapse.

My left side would go completely numb, my fingers would curl in and my toes would curl out and nothing I could do would stop it. It would only last maybe 5 or 10 seconds at a time, but it would happen many times a day. Then about 3 weeks or so after that started, I had a speech problem start happening where it sounded like I had just gotten my tongue pierced, but I never have. At the time I was on a birth control called NuvaRing, so we thought it was all a stroke or something, because I had none of those side effects after I got off the birth control.

I eventually went to a free health care clinic since I have no health insurance where they ordered an MRI. They found out it wasn't a stroke, but in fact, MS. I never found an actual cure for the problem, but it eventually went away and has not been back since. I would say to go see a doctor and see what they have to say. Good luck to you

**Post broken into paragraphs by Moderator for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print.**

Comment

Working...
      X