epilepsy and MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

epilepsy and MS

I have had MS for 8 yrs and was recently diagnosed with epilepsy and have started on 200mg of lamotrogine.

I was curious how common it is to have both diseases and what are you on for epilepsy.

It is not real common, but is not unknown. Just gives you one more 'hobby' to work on.
    Bill
    Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

HI there Mary..best to you~

Just wondering what symptoms/signs of epilelps you have? What KIND of seizures? I was dx earlier 2010 with seizures, then had a 5 day Video EEg and the epileptologist is not sure. Yes I "space".. make mistakes, have had one event of "jamais vu and dejavu" along with some simple partial episodes..only.. it was not verified on EEG..so I am still up in the air.

I am on a great seizure forum..are you?
      What meds do you take?

Best to you.. keep me posted. My email is in my profile if you would like to write to me..anytime my dear..

Warmly, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I have absence seizures

Had a very bad episode which put me in the hospital. It effected my frontal lobe. Had first seizure in the hospital. Since then the new red, white & blue lights on emergency vehicles will set it off.

KK

Comment

Hi Mary,

I know seizures/ epilepsy aren't as common in MS as things like balance issues, nerve pain, or spasticity, but I've met several on chat who are also dealing with this. Hopefully, they read your post and respond.

Best wishes on the lamotrogine. I hope this med/ doseage works for you.

Kim
          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Jan,

what happens with the simple/partial seizures.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbler View Post
              Jan,

what happens with the simple/partial seizures.

Thanks!
              HI Wobbler~ How the heck are YOU doing?

Again I am not officially dx, or rather they are trying to rule it out..but they are just not sure. Whatever I am experiencing..its NOT typical epilepsy and still not sure if its seizures.

I had jamais vu/deja vu episodes, which was getting lost in a FAMILIAR place and panicking..then insisting that the PT gal in the hosp was FAMILIAR when she was not. Plus I hear things wrongly.. I heard a code wrong in the hosp.but was so certain what I heard was correct.

Then I noticed "smells" from sweet to burned for seconds. Heard a voice in my kitchen that was not there (1x)...AND I distort time.

Just a lot of weird stuff with some abnormality on EEgs but not definite seizure type abnormalities. WEll DUH yes something is going wrong with my brain..but what?

OH.. and for YOU, my dear, I had autonomic dysfunction called Dysautonomia..just something for you to look up and see for yourself.

Let me know. YOU can always email me, address in profile.

Warmly, Jan
              I believe in miracles~!
              2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
              Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

There is a poster on Daily Strength's Multiple Sclerosis board that has epilepsy also. Their name is "BelueMyst." Try to contact them through Daily Strength. It might be a good source for you.

Comment

Working...
                X