Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 1/6/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 1/6/11

Hi Everybody. Here we are plugging away in 2011. I hope everyone had a Happy New Year. For those who fell off the wagon during the Holidays, now is the time to get back on track. Sorry to say I am one who has to reverse my trend. I gained half a pound this week which puts me up to 118.5. I was afraid this would happen after working at gaining weight. I hereby affirm that I will lose 3.5 pounds, but not all in one week. We have a cause for celebration. We have hit the one and one half ton weight loss mark since we started over 8 years ago. Hooray for us.

Sparky, where are you?

Poohb3ar, outstanding! What a way to start the new year.

MamaBug, two pounds is great. I knew you could do it.

Ccsitter, sorry not to see you this week. I hope everything is o.k.

Victory 1, It’s good to have you back. That’s great you stayed the same considering all the holiday festivities..

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over seven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip for the Week:

Be sure you have an acceptable amount of protein in your diet. Protein helps maintain a feeling of fulness without adding excess calories like does fat. The most common form of protein in the Western diet is meat. One can get adequate protein from vegetable matter but it is more difficult. The reason chicken and fish are recommended while watching calories is because skinless chicken and fish are lower in calories than red meat. The dark meat of chicken is higher in calories than the white meat. Lean pork actually has less fat and thus fewer calories than most beef. Pork gets a bad rap because of the fat laden cuts, like ribs. Speaking of which, there are soy ribs which are very good. The sauce adds calories but just take it into consideration.

Weight loss Results for 12/23/10:

Total Loss:

5.3 pounds by two members. Good going. Keep up the good work. That is outstanding this time of the year especially.

Total Gain:

0 pounds by no members. Please don’t hide. Admitting the painful truth is a step toward changing things for the next week.

Stayed the same.

Two members. Remember, staying the same is success especially this time of year. Just remember it is the time before the next loss. Thanks for letting us know.

3002.13 is the total weight loss for the past 8 years. Drum roll. We have hit 1 ½ tons. We should have a party!

sorry karen

Sorry I am late karen been under the weather but I did lose half a pound everyone have a great week and hopefully I will be on time next week. Take care Hugs for everyone and GOD BLESS

Comment

ohhh, i'm so confused with all this yoyoing.
      since last week i've lost a lb. but during that time i lost much more thenwent back up on check in date. BUT if i go back to original declared wgt 178.6 (i'm at 179.2) i've gained .6 of a lb.
      i guess put me down for the minus 1 lb. and hopefully i'll be below 178.6 next week.
      i can change as much as 2 lbs in a day and not have eaten much differently.
      it does affect me that on wed. after church a group of us always go out to eat. i try to drink just some coffee or something, but sometimes eat a light supper if i missed before church. so that messes me up since i try not to eat after 7:30 normally.
      maybe i should go to a wed. to wed. tracking?

YEA! 1.5 TONS! that's amazing!!! thanks shrinkaren for keeping track of it for us. you're amazing too!
      have a great week every one.
      take care and God bless ya!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

I guess the holidays must have caught up to me i am up 1lb 139. Your right poohb3ar this is a yoyo
        kimberly

Comment

Working...
        X