sciatica and ms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sciatica and ms

I have had issues with my legs now for about 2 years and about 4 months ago I notice my calves have this twitching look and feel to them (like lightening going off) I went to a neruo about it and he said it was sciatica (which I looked up and I do not have any condintions they list) had a mri done and nothing showed up - I am still in limbo with the MS (not sure if I do or do not have - since 08) it really bothers me not knowing what is going on. Between my legs doing this and them feeling tired all the time I dont know what to think. Has anyone had anything like this? And can anyone shed some light my way. Thank you.
    Funky

First of alll, I am sorry for your pain..no matter WHAT the origin is..its not fun at all.

Now did your Neuro do a thorough exam to test for Sciatica? Lift you leg etc? AND even so, have you had a lumbar MRI/Xray?

I have both sciatica, radiculthy sp in my legs..AND pain/spasms/stiffness from Spasticity.

NOT fun..but my ortho doc said its chronic now and RX Diclofenac..which is slow release over 12 hours..so 24 hour coverage..it REALLY helps alot.

So..get the proper xray/MRI (to rule out pinch nerve) should be completed AND eventually, an EMG test on the nerves in your legs.

Good luck..if you Neuro doesnt help you out, then go to a good Orthopedic doc.

Let us know ok hon?

Warmly, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

yes i have had an mri and found out there is no pinch - he also did the emg, and leg deal - with that he came up with the nerve issue - not sure if that is true or not - thanks for your reply

Comment

Sciatica

My MS journey began and ended with back issues.

I would have trouble with my back and right leg in cycles. Dr. would rx muscle relaxers, steroids, and anti inflammatories.

The symptoms would gradually subside. Then one spring the issue wasn't clearing up and he sent me to PT.

During PT I wasn't able to correctly complete the work with weights or the machine and spent alot of time on the treadmill while they analyzed my gait issues.

I ended up genuinely herniated a disc at PT that required emergency surgery.

During my follow up PT- at another facility. MS was questioned and I began testing.

Please bring up the intertwining issues with your Dr and ask for a neuro consult just to be safe.

I would rather have the sciatica and surgery than MS. (Hope you do too.) But, I was lucky to end of with both!

Good Luck

Comment

Working...
        X