Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 12/30/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 12/30/10

Hi Everybody. Happy New Year. I don’t know if people are into New Year’s resolutions but I will be the first to say that mine is to lose three pounds. After being too far under my goal weight for quite a while I am now over my goal. Good luck to everyone for the New Year.

Sparky, that’s great you lost another pound. It sounds like you are on a roll.

Poohb3ar, sorry about the gain but your second post indicates you lost a little. In total you are going in the right direction.

MamaBug, Sorry about the increase but it is just temporary. I am very impressed with your running total. That is great to have the history at your fingertips.

Ccsitter, 3/4 pound is a respectable loss. Keep up the good work.

Intruder, I hope we hear from you again. You are welcome to join our group.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over seven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip for the Week:

This is a reminder that some fat in the diet is essential. Fat stays with you longer and helps quell hunger. However, be careful of the kind of fat. Saturated fat and trans fat are not a good thing. Animal fat should be eaten sparingly. One of the best fats for a healthy diet is olive oil. I personally like vinegar and olive oil dressing for salads. Any of the vegetable based oils are a good choice as long as they aren’t labeled partially hydrogenated. You can experiment and try various vegetable oils and see what suits you the best.

Weight loss Results for 12/23/10:

Total Loss:

2.5 pounds by three members. Good going. Keep up the good work. Losing during the Holidays is truly impressive.

Total Gain:

1 pound by one member. Good for you for reporting. Admitting the painful truth is a step toward changing things for the next week.

Stayed the same.

One member, me. I’ll accept that. Remember, staying the same is success especially this time of year. Just remember it is the time before the next loss. Thanks for letting us know.

2996.83 is the total weight loss for the past 8 years. We continue inching up to 1 ½ tons. In fact we are almost there.

woohoo, down 3.3 lbs! i know i may gain some back, but that ok happy new year!
    God bless you.
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Have'nt reported in a couple of weeks but i made it through Christmas and all the goodies. Of course i did'nt lose but i stayed 138 thats good cause i really thought i was munching to much. Happy new year everyone.
      kimberly

Comment

Oops. Posted this on last weeks. Trying again.

Week of Dec. 24 - 30:

Lost 2 lbs this week. Down 19 lbs since September (after re-gaining the 7 lbs I lost in July/August, due to September steroids).

Before and current pictures here:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage.asp?id=MAMABUGAZ

~ Faith
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Daily calorie calculator to lose weight

I think that is the biggest ammunition for not eating, is being upset with our spouse. I could get on the treadmill and mad walk for an hour (that's whati call it) with no problem. Sorry you are upset though.

losesweight.org/daily-calorie-calculator-to-lose-weight.html

Comment

Working...
          X