Time off and sick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time off and sick?

Do any of you find that your body seems to know when you have time off from work, so lets you get a cold?

I had a few really busy weeks before Christmas, then did a lot over Christmas while trying to fight getting sick. Then as soon as my official time off work started, I have been down flat in bed with no energy, a gooky nose, a low-grade fever, and just feeling yucky. I finally got on an antibiotic today because I could tell the sinus infection was just not going to go away without the extra help!

(I've had sinus surgery, so I know to rinse daily or couple times a day when starting an infection, I used Nasonex, and took Mucinex-D)

Anyway, I find it interesting that i often get sick on Sundays, and holidays, making me think my body knows when to push for it to rest.

I'd rather be out shopping, or going to a movie, or anything than watching tv in bed.
    Brenda
    Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

My last day of work before the holidays was Dec. 15. On December 16, I came down with some sort of stomach virus and have been dealing with intermittent nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea ever since. I have to go back to work Jan. 3, and this better be gone by then! (I did go to the doctor yesterday. She did some blood work, and pending the results, may send me to a GI doctor. She's concerned because I've lost 15 lbs. in the past two months without trying to.)

I usually always get sick with something during my holiday vacations. But the only good thing is that at least I don't have to take time off from work because of it.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Hugs,

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I find i always feel worse on Saturdays. i really believe that I finally have the opportunity to let my body take the lead and stop pushing. For me - giving in is healing.
      Kathy
      Kathy

Comment

i spend all weekend resting so i can make it through the next work week.
        dx:RRMS 3/10/09
        DMM: Low dose Naltrexone

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
        ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Working...
        X