Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr.Rocio Lopez Diego at the Brigham and Womens in Boston :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr.Rocio Lopez Diego at the Brigham and Womens in Boston :)

Hi There,

I am a patient of Dr.Rocio Lopez Diego at the Brigham and Womens in Boston. I adore her and am really happy with her.

But today B&W called me to say she had left the practice.
    They would not say where she had gone etc.
    I am sad to hear she has gone as I loved her style of being a straight shooter and listened to me.

So wanted to reschedule me with another neuro.

Anybody know where she has gone to?

Any recommendations on who to go with?
    My options were Dr.Buckle, Dr.Houtchens, Dr.Severson or Dr.Kolb.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Happy Holidays!
    S

Hello Sars

I am a patient of Dr.Rocio Lopez Diego at the Brigham and Womens in Boston. I adore her and am really happy with her.
    But today B&W called me to say she had left the practice.
    They would not say where she had gone etc.
    I am sad to hear she has gone as I loved her style of being a straight shooter and listened to me.
    Sorry to learn you have lost your neuro!

Are you wanting someone at B & W, or can you go elsewhere? You may already know this, but your local chapter of the National MS Society will provide referrals of neurologists who specialize in MS.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/fin...&zipcode=02115

I live in Ohio, so that's all I can offer!

Good luck!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey, this is really sad that you have lost your neuro. I can know how disappointed you are by reading your post. I am sorry to read this. I hope you get someone soon with whom you will be happy and satisfied. Anyway I will try my best to track her down if possible. Don’t worry too much. Take care.
      Life

Comment

No idea how accurate or up to date they are , but I found this:http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Rocio_Lopez-Diego.html

It shows her at B & W and Partners Neurology MS Center in Brookline. Hope you can find her again or find someone just as good to replace her.

Good luck!

Comment

The only one I know of the four is Dr. Buckle. While he is great he uses Fellows so you don't actually see much of him and the Fellows change often. Not sure why Dr Stankiewicz is not on the list but he would be a good option.

Comment

DR.

Hello Sars,

I am also a patient through BWH and see a neuro at the Partners MS Center in Brookline referenced above. I have been there once and so far, so good. I believe there are several doctors out of that office. I am not sure if my doc is taking new patients. He only sees patients 2x a month and is otherwise researching for a cure... praying everyday they find one!
            Good luck and you can email me if you want more info.
            teacherellen
            teacherellen
            "Life unfolds in moments"
            Possible MS

Comment

I saw Dr. Kolb at B&W. I am newly diagnosed, so I have only seen her once (at the recommendation of my first neuro). I really liked her. She took a lot of time with me and really listened. Like I said, I have only had one visit, and I am new with this, but I think it is worth you checking her out.

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks for your posts.
                I still have not found out what happened to Dr Lopez Diego.

So today I returned for my 6 month check up at B & W & Partners Neurology MS Center. I met with Dr.Buckle.

I found him pretty nice. He reviewed all my notes from Dr.Lopez Diego and performed the usual reflex exam etc.
                He seems to be a quiet yet serious man but I feel right in the decision in selecting him as my neuro.

He did not divulge at all where Lopez Diego had gone or under what circumstances. Would love to know what happened.

Anyways, signing off.
                Wishing everyone all the best for this year & keep strong!!

S
                x

Comment

Brigham & Women's

Dr. Derrick Smith is good.(if he's still there) I saw him about 10 years ago when I lived in Boston. He's at Brigham & Women’s -MS clinic. He's dry, short & to the point, and listens to you. I saw him for a 2nd opinion. He doesn't have the greatest bed side manner, but he does "hit the nail on the head" & is up on all the latest about MS.
                  Now, I go to Dartmouth Hitcock Medical center in Lebanon NH.
                  Andy

Comment

Working...
                  X