UCSF MS Center!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UCSF MS Center!

My doc just called me to let me know she was able to get me an appointment @ UCSF MS Center! I'm so excited at the prospect of being seen there. I'm really hoping they can help me get my symptoms under control and slow my progression.
    Courage is NOT the absence of fear, it is going forward in spite of fear. Diagnosed 5/27/10

UCSF is a great place helping MS

It was at UCSF that I first had a doctor wonder if I had MS. And he actually walked with me outside to see how I walked. And he was the first doctor to point out that I walk "funny". I had noticed all my life I could not walk next to anyone without running into them frequently. Other little things like that don't always post a red flag at the time. I used to love to go around that campus and hang out.

I am a person who loves libraries and cafeterias. I also like to hang out in hospital cafeterias and have done so all my life. Some of them nowadays don't like it as there are now homeless people who try to live in them. San Francisco was always one of my favorite places on earth. My daughter was born there at Kaiser Hospital, also an excellent place.

I wish you luck at my old alma mater (I am a graduate of UCSC). I plan to maybe go back there someday and hang around the medical library and see what I can learn. I have a picture in my mind now of that whole area there around UCSF where I have spent so much time back in the old days of my life.

Comment

About 4 months ago i saw a DR. from UCSF and she told me that there was no possiable that i even had MS. but 2 months from than i was confirmed with MS. be very careful with UCSF..

Comment

Originally posted by gypsy View Post
        My doc just called me to let me know she was able to get me an appointment @ UCSF MS Center! I'm so excited at the prospect of being seen there. I'm really hoping they can help me get my symptoms under control and slow my progression.

Nothing but great experiences there with two different neuros. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Eliel View Post
          Nothing but great experiences there with two different neuros. Good luck!
          Thanks! My insurance authorization came through on Monday, so hopefully I get an appointment soon.
          Courage is NOT the absence of fear, it is going forward in spite of fear. Diagnosed 5/27/10

Comment

Working...
          X