To NeuroNixed Craig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To NeuroNixed Craig

In a response to my thread the other day, you said something that has made me think long and hard ever since I read it. You said that you live life "on your own terms."

At the time, they seemed like very powerful words, and the more I thought about how I could interpret them in my own life, the more I began to see what freedom they could bring.

To me, it would mean no more feeling awkward when people ask me what I've been doing in the year since I stopped working; no more comparing their successes at their jobs with my successes getting dressed and showered and getting to a coffee shop to read the paper.

No more feeling envious of them, either.

No more feeling lazy for not wanting to get out of bed some days when I've pushed myself the day before.

Accepting the fact that some days just smiling at someone on the street can be just as big a contribution to the world as sending out another unnecessary email at work.

My terms have certainly changed in the past 14 years, and especially in the past 3 or 4, but I see what you're saying about living by them whatever they are. I'm going to make a real effort to do that.

You also said that you want to "provide benefit and value" to all others you come in contact with, and you've certainly done that with me. You are a very kind and generous man to spend your time and energy sharing your thoughts with us.

Thank you,
    StillOkay

StillOkay,

I would say from your post that you are no longer "StillOkay," but "TOTALLY AWESOME!"

It's fantastic because you actually "GET IT," and are actively taking positive action to make a major difference in your life. In doing so you will inevitably make major changes in other people's lives at the same time.

You will find this is a great step forward in living life. As a result you will become and example and inspiration to other people who will look at you and say to themselves, "If that person can do it in their situation, I surely can be a better person as I do not have those challenges."

I can't tell you what this post by you means to me and the timing of it is excellent. You have now inspired me and I thank you for that.

With sincere gratitude and appreciation,
    Craig Mattice~Living Life On My Terms~
    No Excuses No Regrets!

Richmond, VA USA

Comment

OK,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
      Reading your post was fantastic.

You've put into words the way my thinking about what I need to do has changed over the past 13 years. Acceptance brings peace and puts away the shame.

I've not read your post Neuro Nixed, but I appreciate the quote. It's so true. I'm not the same person I was in terms of accomplishments and my life plan.

The basic framework of me is the same and I'm OK with that.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X