ms relapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ms relapse

I was recently dx in May 2010, about two weeks ago, I last feelings in my right leg, I was already having problems with left leg. I called my neuro, which he explained that I was having relapse which this is my first since I have been dx. I have no control over my bottom half, from the waist down, my legs tends to fold up, walking is almost impossible to do, I am constant pain. In the last couple of days I have fallen off the sofa, in the bathtub. Getting me off the floor is very hard to do. My neuro prescribed prednisone, which I just completed the 3 day medication. I still can not tell any difference.

My questions is with a relapse how long will it normal take to tell any difference? MS is a very frusrating, just when you think things are getting better something else happens. It seems like everything is happening very quickly with me. I thought a relapse would happen later on down the road, not this quick.

Any information would be greatly appreciated........

Thanks,

Yes, I had several relapes in a year....I am guessing once I started the drug therapy, it could not go back and undo the damage, so the relapses were inevitable. once on Rebif awhile, they slowed down.

I also had some relapses that the fatigue took about a year to go back to more stable. But other symptoms, the eye stuff or cold feet feeling were better in a couple of days. So, syptoms can take a while or not. And everyone is different, but it is good to know, to hang in there and keep trying.

God Bless, hope I helped

Comment

MS Relapse

Ms is one of those totally unpreditable diseases. You may have numbness, pins and needles, and tingling for a week, months or even a year before you have a remission. You may take medication. It may or may not help. I used to be a serious person but found i couldn't be serious with MS because it was so unpredictale. I had to relearn how to do many things a different way. One was to relearn how to walk without feeling in my legs. You can do that too if necessary.

I am lucky to have a very loving and caring family. We will all laught at how I do things differently then they do but it is much better to laugh then cry. I can do most things for myself. It is surprising at how good a life we can live if we really want to.

Lois

Comment

I was diagnosed May of 2004 and it is always a question
        about if you are in a relapse or not. My Neuro will not
        do anything until I have a problem for about a week.

I called her once because both of my feet were numb.
        It was from my toes to ankle bone and it started in
        the left and then went to right. I had it for 3 days and
        I called her and she said I should wait about a week
        see what happens. Luckily it went away. I just have the
        big stress of is this a relapse or not.

Take Care ... You are not alone.
        What YOU Are Is ... GOD'S Gift to You
        What YOU Make Of Yourself Is ... Your Gift To GOD

Comment

I KNOW FIGURING OUT A RELAPSE OR NOT CAN BE COMPLICATED. THERE ARE SOME RULES OUT THERE. NOT SURE I REMEMBER THEM BUT THEY ARE ON THE MS SITE. YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT LONGER THEN SO LONG. . . . AND THEN HAVE A BREAK. OH WELL. CAN'T RECALL.

NOT MUCH HELP FOR YOU I SEE.
          This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Have a great day, Leola

Comment

Working...
          X