Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a Zebra have black or white stripes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does a Zebra have black or white stripes?

It seems that it is so hard to stay focused. When I'm talking or trying to pay attention to something I get confused easily.

I'm tired of paying so much attention to walking straight and not to trip on anything, by the time I get to where I was going, I'm pooped.

I have to write things down, but I'm always second guessing myself, Did I mean black or white?

OK! We are dealing with three separate issues in your post.
    1. Being confused by trying to stay focused on the conversation
    2. Walking and tripping, thus exhausted later
    3. Zebra color confusion

This confusion and lack of focus is not unusual. We all have to find our own ways of dealing with it and most of the time writing down info and making list works well.

If not already using a walking aid, since you are having this as a major challenge, I would suggest walking aides. Either a cane, at the least, to forearm crutches. In retail stores use their power scooters which will make a big difference in shopping enjoyment.

Zebras are "considered" either black and white or white and black depending if you're looking front to back or back to front. In reality the black is a combination of all colors while white is the absence of any colors. So, take your pick and no matter what, we will all agree with you.
    Craig Mattice~Living Life On My Terms~
    No Excuses No Regrets!

Richmond, VA USA

Comment

Hi Deer

Deer said:
      I'm tired of paying so much attention to walking straight and not to trip on anything, by the time I get to where I was going, I'm pooped
      Craig said:
      If not already using a walking aid, since you are having this as a major challenge, I would suggest walking aides. Either a cane, at the least, to forearm crutches. In retail stores use their power scooters which will make a big difference in shopping enjoyment.
      I'm with Craig. When I finally started using a cane, I gained a new freedom and used less energy. Same thing when I then needed a roller walker a few years later. It really does make a huge difference (it did for me, anyways!).

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
        Hi Deer

Deer said:
        Quote:
        I'm tired of paying so much attention to walking straight and not to trip on anything, by the time I get to where I was going, I'm pooped.
        Craig said:
        Quote:
        I'm with Craig. When I finally started using a cane, I gained a new freedom and used less energy. Same thing when I then needed a roller walker a few years later. It really does make a huge difference (it did for me, anyways!).

Take care,
        KoKo
        This is how it was put to me by my wife. How would you rather spend your limited energy? Getting there or being there? This applies to walking aids, store power scooters, handicapped license plates, and parking in handicapped spots.

These are all "TOOLS" for us to use, if we would simply remove the pride factor. It makes all the difference in the world.
        Craig Mattice~Living Life On My Terms~
        No Excuses No Regrets!

Richmond, VA USA

Comment

Hey Craig

This is how it was put to me by my wife. How would you rather spend your limited energy? Getting there or being there? This applies to walking aids, store power scooters, handicapped license plates, and parking in handicapped spots.
          Give your wife 2 from me!

These are all "TOOLS" for us to use, if we would simply remove the pride factor. It makes all the difference in the world.
          Well said. That's what used to get in my way (pride). And for you too !

Take care,
          KoKo
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I 2nd (or 3rd) that!

You guys are so on the mark! Pride does get in the way - I'm learning to let go...a little slow about it but am gaining my momentum.

And I love the humor! I don't like it when I get so down that I lose my ability to laugh. When I can make light of a situation, even a downright ugly situation, and laugh (even just smile!) - I know I'm going to be alright.

Also, I might add, walking straight is overrated. There's nothing wrong with a nice zig-zag pattern; I'm very fond of it. And in cases where you are being shot at or chased by an aligator - it could save your life! (we'll ignore that the pace at which one might be zig-zag'ing in our cases [mine, for sure] may be slow enough to be considered going backwards).

Comment

I've gotten my life more organized than I'd ever hoped to and I am still forgetting and losing stuff all the time. I am standing in a room and not remembering why I'm I'm there. Sometimes I remember, and sometimes I don't. My vision has gone so far down hill in the last 5 years that it makes finding lost things even harder. Yes, a brain with scars and nerve pulses that can't take short cuts but huge, long detours is bound to cause some difficulty no matter how hard we try, so why continue to beat ourselves up? I must look like a moron to people around me, but who cares anymore? Let them live with this **** before they judge my "carelessness", "airheadedness", "forgetfulness", "blindness", etc., etc.

I think most informed opinions say zebras are black with white stripes...that the white is a pigmentation or something or other that comes later in the stripe development, but in the end, like our M.S. cogfog, what does it matter? Just keep on truckin' my friend. Holidays are really a sensory overload, aren't they?
              Tawanda

Comment

It all depends on wheather its a black zebra or a white zebra.

Black Zebras have white stripes

and

White Zebras have black stripes.

Riddle solved..... now that was EASY!
                (to view semivisable words, highlite them with your mouse)

Doc Gomer Doctor of, Been There, Done That.

Comment

i`m pooped thinking about it, so, my awnser is red stripes!!!!!!

dave
                  hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                  volunteer
                  MS World
                  hunterd@msworld.org
                  PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hey Gomer, that was funny! (and I did click on the semi-visible words-hah)!!

Comment

Originally posted by gomer View Post
                      It all depends on wheather its a black zebra or a white zebra.

Black Zebras have white stripes

and

White Zebras have black stripes.

Riddle solved..... now that was EASY!
                      (to view semivisable words, highlite them with your mouse)

Doc Gomer Doctor of, Been There, Done That.
                      Priceless, gomer - LOL!
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                      X