Dental Hygienist at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dental Hygienist at home

I just wanted to share my latest find. I found a dental hygienist who came to my home and did a full cleaning and polishing! I am able to go to the dentist, using my scooter and my husband has to take me, but the trip out is exhausting! I'd been putting it off because I'd rather use my energy playing with my daughter.

Just know that there are so many different services that can come to you and people that can help. I thought accepting this service would make me feel more helpless, but it actually gave me some of my independence back.

I FEARed the same thing when my famdoc ordered a powerchair......I nearly broke down a couple days after it arrived. I soon learned that it HELPED me do more.

I my scooter, it has given me such freedom.

Doc Gomer Doctor of, Been There, Done That.

Comment

I broke down for a while after my scooter arrived. I wouldn't be seen in public with it (which means I didn't go out) for several months. It took me a while to realize that no one is looking at me for more than 2 seconds! Greater disability brought greater freedom for me, sadly.

Resources for us are out there; we just have to be willing to accept them.

Comment

It's great that you can have that service at home, thanks for telling us about it!

Comment

Working...
        X