Brain Full???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain Full???

When I was a little girl, I always wondered how much information our brains can hold. I think I found the answer. I am lucky in the fact that my MS is "mild". However, my biggest complaint has always been brain fog. I finally figured out a way to describe what I am feeling to my doctor. I am going to tell him that I feel like my brain is full and it feels like I can no longer accept any new information. I've resorted to carrying a notepad and jotting down things that I need to do or don't want to forget.

Can anyone else relate? It's so frustrating and I didn't want to say anything to my DH. He's scared enough as it is. I know that he has become aware of my confusion. He will say something and I will continue to question it until I fully understand. There's been a time or two when he got frustrated with the questions, but I melted down last time and I think he kind of understands now. What he or anyone else, even my coworkers, doesn't know is how scared I am. When I have to do a new report or something that I haven't done in a while at work, I feel like my thoughts about it are like scrambled eggs. I try and take my time and I feel better once the task is completed, but there is always a doubt in the back of my mind if I did it correctly or not. I'm always second guessing myself.

Thanks for "listening". I just needed to vent to people who will understand.

Carol

I can definately relate! Im sorry you are experiencing the "cog fog".

I am frustrated often, and you are right, its like my brain is full.....information overload. I am starting a new position at work, I am going to have to write everything down, so I don't ask too many questions...some people dont like that.

My heart is with you and be assured you are never alone!!!

Comment

I CAN relate 100% to this. I keep notes and lists and right
      stuff down all the time. My DH used to give me grief about
      my lists all the time but now he is so used to it and even
      will look at my lists to help him remember and he does not
      have MS. Writing stuff down and keeping sticky notes is
      a part of life for me and it really does help.
      What YOU Are Is ... GOD'S Gift to You
      What YOU Make Of Yourself Is ... Your Gift To GOD

Comment

Originally posted by Katony View Post
        I CAN relate 100% to this. I keep notes and lists and right
        stuff down all the time. My DH used to give me grief about
        my lists all the time but now he is so used to it and even
        will look at my lists to help him remember and he does not
        have MS. Writing stuff down and keeping sticky notes is
        a part of life for me and it really does help.
        I have lists for everything, too bad most times I forget where I put them

Comment

Working...
        X