Seizure on Neurontin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seizure on Neurontin?

I've started Neurontin 100 mgs at nite and been waking suddenly at 3AM hyperventilating and getting VERY dizzy, faint, forgetful, and shaky/weak, forget to breathe right, like hard little puffs. I try to go back to sleep and my diaphragm cramps up, my legs and shoulders start shaking.

Then i decide to get up and my upper back just goes limp like I can't hold my head up very well. Eyes rolling a bit, trying to feed the dogs and can't remember right away what I'm doing. I'm waiting for my caregiver to wake up and call me back. I took coffee, now I'm jolted.

TELL YOUR NEURO!!!!!!!!!!! call if necessary!!
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Did you talk to your neuro??

CrazyCatLady
      MS Does Not Define Me.....My Love of Tea Does! LOL!

Comment

Neurontin is an anti-convulsant that they use off-label for neurological pain, so it's doubtful that you had a seizure.

Call your neuro! You may need to start at a lower dose and work your way up.
        “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
        Diagnosed 1979

Comment

That sounds like a miserable feeling. Hope you figure it out, soon. I'd put in a call, too if it were me.
          What if trials of this life
          Are Your mercies in disguise?
          "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Working...
          X