Increasing new symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increasing new symptoms

Hi, I the last few days I have been having increasing new symptoms of severe numbness to my head, face, shoulders, chest, arms, hands, and back. At what point should I notify the neuro? I have had it milder before. Never this severe before. My arms have a new pins and needles sensations and my neck and head almost feel detatched like they are not on me. It feels so weird. It I have some sensation when I touch my face or body, but if feels so much deeper and intense than before. Should I ignore this. I do then to ignore many MS sensations.

Hello Rosepetals

Sorry to learn that you are dealing with those numbness issues.

At what point should I notify the neuro? I have had it milder before. Never this severe before. My arms have a new pins and needles sensations and my neck and head almost feel detatched like they are not on me. It feels so weird. It I have some sensation when I touch my face or body, but if feels so much deeper and intense than before. Should I ignore this.
    While you're waiting for responses from other members, see if this article from the National MS Society helps with your concerns:

http://nationalmssociety.org/about-m...ess/index.aspx

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi rosepetals,
      My doctors have always told me to call and let them know if I have any new sx's or if existing ones worsen. They may want to put you on a high dose steriod to calm the sx's down. Also, they may want to check to make sure nothing else is going on. Hope I could help out a lil. Good luck!
      ~*Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away*~

Comment

Doctor has told me to let them know if I go 24+ hours with new or worsening symptoms. They will make a decision on whether to monitor the situation or start a treatment based on type of symptoms and severity.

You should contact your doctor's office and they will let you know what you should do. You should also find out what their "rule" is regarding contacting them about symptoms.

Be sure you are keeping track of things in a symptom journal also.

Good luck !

Comment

When I had my last attack my nuero told me to never let it get that bad without contacting him. I was wall-walking with numbness on my right side. It was anew symptom since all my probs were on the left side before. He put me in a wheelchair and had his nurse bring me to the ER for steroids. His office is connected to the hospital. He said that the sooner that a flare is calmed, the less damage is done.

Steve

Comment

Hi rosepetals,

How are you doing now? Have you contacted your Neuro? I know in the past you have used ACTH and I guess if you need to, you will again.

Best wishes
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by mack View Post
              When I had my last attack my nuero told me to never let it get that bad without contacting him... He said that the sooner that a flare is calmed, the less damage is done.

Steve
              That's what my neuro has stated and reminded me over and over again. IMHO, I think it has really helped. It takes time to adjust from the "tough it out" way of thinking, but IMHO, it is more beneficial to treat flares sooner than later.

Comment

I would contact my neurologist. It is easier to improve an attack if started earlier.

Lois

Comment

Working...
                X