Wow! Extreme power drain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Extreme power drain!

I was sitting in class tonight, and suddenly around 8 p.m., I had a sudden and total power drain. I felt like I could barely move! Just trying to type was exhausting and was taking more energy than I had.

I couldn't figure what on earth was causing the fatigue. I thought maybe it was because I had four days off and I needed to get back in the work groove again, but I did a lot this past weekend, so it wasn't from lack of activity.

When I finally got home, I went and looked in my med box, and sure enough, I forgot to take my morning dose of supplements, which includes alpha lipoic acid and acetyl L-carnitine, the two anti-oxidants that keep me functioning with no fatigue. So, that explains the extreme power drain! (I didn't go ahead and take them because I didn't want to be up all night!)

I had forgotten what that horrible fatigue felt like! It's awful!! I'm so glad I don't have to deal with it anymore. It's just amazing what a difference these two supplements make. I absolutely can't function without them, as I found out tonight. And don't even want to try!
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

wow

I'm not on any supplements, but maybe I should be! I feel drained all the time, and have for the past month. I could sleep/rest 24/7.

Too bad I couldn't pay the bills by sleeping!
    Jessica
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Count me in on the sleep thing....

I could sleep all day and all night! Maybe we should get together and all of us have a sleep over. Wouldn't we be fun!

Sorry, have to laugh now and then (at myself) though it really isn't funny!

Diane
      You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

I had to laugh at your sleep-over suggestion, Diane D. It brought back memories from my teenage years, when a "sleep-over" comprised of very very little sleeping and instead all sorts of silly behaviors and activities (that was GREAT fun!).

Now...yeah...a sleep-over would be a hoot! Maybe make some gluten-free cookies (for all you G-Free people) and finish off a half-glass of wine, then.....ZZZZZZ's for all of us!

Blessings,
        Biscuit
        Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
        Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

See, that's just the problem. I don't sleep! I fight going to bed and I fight sleeping. I always feel like I have too much to do. I sleep well once I go to bed though, but it's just getting to bed that's the problem.

And my fatigue actually isn't sleepiness. It's a bone weary, power-draining feeling like I'm encased in cement and can't move.

Thanks God for acetyl L-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid! They've really improved my life!
          Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
          Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

you know i mentioned your supplements to my neuro and he said if i have fatigue he will give me provigil, he did not think those would work. i was kind of shocked and sad. i did not feel like giving more money to the drug companies. i do not get that horrible fatigue that often, only about 3 0r 4 days out of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by DianeD View Post
              I could sleep all day and all night! Maybe we should get together and all of us have a sleep over. Wouldn't we be fun!

Diane
              Can I come? We can call it Rip Van Winklefest.

Shashi, it's wonderful you're feeling better. I tried the ALA/ALCAR combo for about a week and at the end of that week had a very bad spell (brain fog and neuro stuff) that lasted about two weeks. I'm not sure if it was the supplements or a coincidence, but I stopped taking them just in case. Something went haywire in my system.

Maybe I should try it again. I don't have MS, it's likely something else entirely.
              I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Sleep over!!

Ohhhh, a sleepover sounds perfect! As long as we didn't have to sleep on a hard floor.....but lots of laughing, and all having something in common sounds like a nice change!

Jessica
                Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Where do you shop

By the way where do you get your supplements?
                  Jessica

Comment

Originally posted by princess4ever View Post
                    By the way where do you get your supplements?
                    I get my ALA and ALCAR from Puritan's Pride. You can go to their website and check them out. They are always having sale and a lot of times they'll have buy one, get one free or buy 2 and get 3 free sale.

Comment

Originally posted by DianeD View Post

Diane
                      i
                      I would be up for it. Especeially if you had Lexington's favorite food that starts with a B.

Comment

This is why I came in here tonight... I am so drained I can hardly function.. it really started last Thursday at work.. I thought how in the heck am I going to make it the rest of the day? It's still here, I'm just pushing through it.. I am definitely going to order me up some of the supplements you were talking about though... Thanks for that info, hope it helps me

Comment

I gave acetyl L-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid a try for about 3 weeks. Didn't notice any change in my energy level and was still very fatigued. Then I tried Provigil again, and noticed a difference immediately. I have heard though that if you take Provigil every day that the effects will stop working, so I only take it occassionally. I'm sorry the acetyl L-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid did not work. I purchased mine from Purtain's Pride and got a great sale, bought 3 bottles of each, and now I have 2 1/2 bottles that I just have to throw out. I was very disappointed, following Sasha's thread about it for quite a long time before deciding to purchase. It just did not work for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X