Color red....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color red....

I'm not sure if the steroids aren't really working for me or....

I've been on steroids for almost a full week now and felt like I was getting some better. Much better with my eyes.

Tonight I was around a LOT of red and all the sudden my eye started getting this shooting PAIN! and whatever the object was would be fuzzy and start to go into the "double vision" thing. By the way red didn't look as bright as I thought it should either.

My question is "Has this happen to anyone else?"

Now I'm left hurting again and feeling that awful eye headache coming on.

Any info would be helpful & welcomed

Thank you & GOD Bless
    Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
    Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

The color red looking desaturated or washed out is very common for active cases of optic neuritis and leftover damage from previous cases. Things looking fuzzy is also very common.

What isn't common is getting eye pain and a headache from just looking or being around the color red. You won't find that listed on reputable medical sites or in medical reference texts as a common reaction to either optic neuritis or MS flares in general. It would be unusual to have that kind of reaction to a color that your eyes/brain are, to some degree, not even processing. It would be hard to attribute that solely to being around red without knowing what else was going on in your "visual environment" at the time.

I've had more than 50 episodes of ON over the years with serious cumulative damage to my vision and I've never experienced pain or blurriness simply because of looking at or being around red. So I, too, am interested in hearing if red -- and only red -- has caused other people eye pain or a headache.

Comment

I had an experience one fall a few years ago where the orange, yellow, and red colored leaves were making me dizzy and nauseous. They were really getting on my nerves too! It was like color-sensory-overload. It was really weird! Luckily, I didn't have it this year, but then, our leaves never really did change all at the same time. (I think the poor things were confused by the extreme temperature switches.)
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Red wings, I'm saying that the color red was not the shade it should've been and it seemed to bother my eyes "more" than the others. My eye pain was/is there no matter what.

Comment

Shashi, redwing,

I'm sorry anyone has to go through this sort of pain or issue.

As for the pain it came on no matter what color but it seemed to me that the color "red" made it much worse.

The color itself wasn't even the red it always looked like.

Last night I did find some peace in closing my eyes (although that hurt for awhile) and not moving them. I found peace in sleep....

Like I said I am on steroids right now; at the end on my 12 days. I got this awful eye pain/ON about a wk and half ago but it was going away (seemed much better) until last night at which time it felt like day one before the steroids.

I got the steroid because I was taken to he hospital because they thought I had a stroke but turned out to be MS (I KNEW THAT) and the doctor there was nice enough to send me home with steroids. Pill form but very high dose of SOL before leaving the ER.

I have not seen an eye doctor as of yet but hope to find someone who will see me without insurance.

I'm still waiting to get SSi and my lawyer appt isn't til the 7th.

Thank you both so much for you input. It means a great deal. Trying to get all this down right but forgive me if it's not. I feel like I've had to go back and correct a million time.

Comment

Working...
          X