Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cerebellar Ataxia and MS: What to ask neuro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cerebellar Ataxia and MS: What to ask neuro?

Should I be worried?
    I have an upcoming appt with neuro this week (Thurs.).
    I have been developing weak tremors in my large spinal muscles in my back, as well as weak tremors in my shoulders and upper arms, sometimes outer thighs.

This last most of the morning, along with disorientation, and lessens, sometimes considerably, in the afternoon.

In 2005 they Dxed me due to O-bands an the CSF, and cerebellar lesions. Since then, the ataxia-like symptoms only just abruptly started when I was on both Nuvigil and
    Wellbutrin this last summer--severe, deep, rapid shakes all down my shoulders and back (not sure if these are related).

After tapering off those 2 meds, there is residual weakness and shakes daily, both before, during, and now in the final 2days of Prednisone taper.

I've been following NNCraig's posts about ataxia, and have questions about how to approach this, like tests, what to research, treatment, etc.

Originally posted by truckin View Post
    I've been following NNCraig's posts about ataxia, and have questions about how to approach this, like tests, what to research, treatment, etc.
    Hi truckin:
    You can start your research with a simple google search for "cerebellar ataxia." Although wikipedia is more reliable than it used to be, it's still best to put your confidence in the major medical authority sites. The Mayo Clinic's website has a section on ataxia that looks like a good place to start your research: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ata...SECTION=causes.

As for what to ask your neuro, ask what you want to know: Are my symptoms ataxia? If yes, what can be done for it? If no, what else might it be and what can be done for it? And anything else you're wondering about.

Comment

Working...
    X