Walkaid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walkaid

I'm interested in hearing if anyone has the walkaide? i'm seriously considering it..tried it in the rep's office but want to take it for more of a test...just interested..does it help anyone? thanks.

I tried a Walkaid, to me it came up short. It does not have the third piece of equipment that is on the foot which lifts my foot, I have foot drop. It worked and then didn't - my foot started dropping. Maybe this has been improved since I tried it a couple years ago.

I purchased the Bioness. First I tried it for weeks at PT, a personal one can be rented for a month, it is set up by the PT. Then you purchase or not. I do not know if they still have used ones for purchase but this is what I bought. It was a little less than 1/2 price
    Linda

Comment

I have the Bioness and it works very well for me. I got it because of my Foot Drop.

Comment

I am in the process of getting ok'd for a walk aide trial, the person fitting me says it is better and cheaper than the Bioness, and they do both brands, she says the major problems people have with the walk aide is they don't replace the transmittal pads often enough and are not careful enough when they put it on to make sure it is in the correct location to activate the nerve.
        Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Yes I have the WalkAide, two in fact-one for each leg as neither wants to work. When my feet simply refuse to pick up off the floor is when these little babies come in handy. They're not the be all and end all but having said that, I wouldn't be without them. PM me with any questions.
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

ok will do
            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

I tried the walkaid and like it, kind of. The guy had to keep adjusting the speed as my speed increased and decreased. It was not something that the device was able to automatically do like the bioness. The walkaid misfired more often than the bioness. It was more uncomfortable to wear, the electrical impulse was more painful. With the walkaid when your walking speed changed you have to go in and see a tec to have the speed sensor reset.

Later I tried the bioness and found it automatically compensated for my speed. I have good and bad days so with it I don't have to worry about it keeping up with my steps. I can wear the electrodes much longer than recomended, like months. I can increase the intensity of the strength of the impulse myself. The bioness will compensate for steps going sideways like if you are exercising. Over time I got stronger wearing it so I don't need to wear it out on short trips. Now I wear it out for planned walks or grocery shopping on days I don't feel good.

I negotiated with bioness when my time period came up on the rental and I got $2000 off the price. So I paid less than the Walkaid. I kept asking for less of a price due to medical expenses, being on disability, etc. It just goes to show everything is negociable if they want to make a sale. I think they would rather sell it than recondition it and try to sell a product as used.

I have not had any problems with the bioness. It is well worth the investment. I can say with it, it has made it possible for me to go on walks which has improved my shape and strength. Without it I would of not of made as much progress. I would wear out walking 1/4 of a block. With it on a good day I can walk up to 2.25 miles.

Comment

Working...
              X